GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official College Football Smack-Talk Thread

Doctor7474

Ready to race!
No real controversy as far as FL is concerned, who ever wins the SEC championship game goes to the BCS championship game.

I really want chaos to break out.

BCS top ten as of right now. And possible situations.

Bama loses to FL in SEC game
TX drops in polls next week due to playing A&M
OK rises in polls next week due to win over OSU goes to Big 12 championship loses to Mizzou (would be awesome).
FL beats Bama for SEC goes to national championship game
USC does not win conference because of Oregon St
Utah can't play in BCS championship game not from BCS conference
TT does not win conference due to OK and TX being ranked higher ends with 1 loss
Penn St nothing left to do.... 1 loss, but conference champs
Boise ST Can't play in BCS game, from non-BCS conference
Ohio St meh same as Penn St 2 loses though, and not conference champions.

So with that above, combined with the unwritten rule that you can't go to the national championship game with out winning your conference who do we get? Florida vs Penn St.? Another SEC vs Big 10 game that will be a boring blow out?

If you let a team that does not win there conference in the championship game, the teams that do win those conferences (Oregon St, and Mizzou) should be pissed, along with any other team over the last several years that got snuffed due to not winning there conference....

gatorfast

man amongst boys
If you let a team that does not win there conference in the championship game, the teams that do win those conferences (Oregon St, and Mizzou) should be pissed, along with any other team over the last several years that got snuffed due to not winning there conference....

Although it is the case most of the time, there is no rule about having to win your conference to play for the championship. However, if 2 teams from the same conference have the same record and one is the conference champion, obviously that team will get the nod. But in your above situation, even though Mizzou is the conference champ, Texas will have the better record. In that situation Texas would play for the title, guarantee it.

In years past, usually the conference champ will get the nod over another team from the same conference as long as they have the same record (i.e. last year LSU jumped up over UGA because both had 2 losses but LSU won the conference).

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
A couple reasons.

Strength of teams they've played and beaten, OK at the time they played were ranked I think 2nd (TX beat them), and OK State who where top 10 when they played (and TX beat them). Ok has yet to play OK St which will add to the strength of shedule, and quality win equations.

Average BCS ranking. TX has been ranked higher in all the previous BCS rankings this year than OK. It is part of the computer equations. Example over the 5 BCS rankings this year TX has been 1, 1, 1, 4, 2 (example may not be exact). So OK has been say 2, 6, 5, 4, 3 which is worse then TX has been ranked.

So you have 3 equations that TX beats out OK in the computers. Remember only .083 seperates TX and OK at this time so they are virtually tied.

I can kinda see your point there, but Texas was idle and Oklahoma wiped the floor with the number two team in the nation. I think that Oklahoma should definitely be ranked higher.:iono:

The BCS is seriously bunk man.:thumbdown:

gatorfast

man amongst boys
This thread has died over the past few weeks so I thought Id bring it back.

MONSTER GAME THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!! I just cant see Florida losing if they play like they have been lately. Anyone in Atl going to the game?

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
Welps, it's almost half time in the Rose Bowl and it looks like a blow out so far. I would have loved to seen USC vs. Florida for the NC. I think it would be a better game than Oklahoma vs. Florida. Just my two cents.

On that note, as it stands, Pac 10 is 4-0 in the bowl games so far. Should the Trojans win this game, Pac 10 is going to be 5-0 undefeated and will be the best in any of the conferences.

Ohps, USC just scored with just 36 seconds left in the first half. It is now 31-7 in the first half.

awb17x

WHEEL Slayer
Car(s)
2006 GTI
As much as i hate to say this lets go buffalo! My brother is playing right now #74!!! Look out for him

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Pretty low scoring game thus far. We'll see what happens in the second half.

Being a Bucks fan, I'd like to see us beat the #3 team and McCoy one more time during his career.

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
Pretty low scoring game thus far. We'll see what happens in the second half.

Being a Bucks fan, I'd like to see us beat the #3 team and McCoy one more time during his career.

No disrespect to you and the Bucks Kirk, but you guys shouldn't have gotten that shot against a number 3 team. That is bogus in my most humble opinion. :thumbdown:

I think the reason you guys got it is because Ohio fans are willing to travel which equals more money to the NCAA. Just my two cents.

On that note it is 17-9 with 12:05 left in the fourth quarter.

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
i dunno man... osu looks like they are about to take the lead

If OSU wins, that doesn't mean they are that good. It just means that Texas wasn't as good as the BCS claimed them to be all year long. Maybe Big 12 was over-rated this year.

Look at their bowl games:

Number 8 TT lost to number 20 Mississippi

And now, 38 seconds left in the game, it seems like OSU's gonna take this one.

Pac 10 is 5-0 in the bowl games this season. You tell me if I'm stretching a bit here.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
That was about the worst defensive play Ohio State could have called on that last touchdown (Re: crowding the line and leaving no one back there to cover). Not sure what they were thinking and would love to know if it was Tressel or the defensive coordinator that called it.

As far as deserving the spot or not...meh whatever. We played a decent game and had a chance to pull off the upset. I think being in the 10 spot was a good call by the BCS.

*off to bed*