GOLFMKV

mkv vs 94 gsr civic

rysskii3

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
his mods: full gsr swap, i/h/e, race gas, computer tune, that all he told me
my mods: in the sig..
we went from about 20mph till top of 4th. the race was even untill we got to top of 4th where i was about half a car ahead. hes my friend from down the street, so it was cool. now hes thinking about trading his car for mkv...:biggrin:

Last edited:

Rev2Ten-K

Banned
Wait, with 261whp you only pulled a 1/2 a car on a GSR civic?!
Was it in a hatch? Those cars are good for about low 14's, trapping between 98-100 with the mods above.

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!
Wait, with 261whp you only pulled a 1/2 a car on a GSR civic?!
Was it in a hatch? Those cars are good for about low 14's, trapping between 98-100 with the mods above.

You sure? I mean, if its a hatch then it only weights about 2300lbs or less, and the B18C1 is good for 170ish hp I think.

So do the math... the GTI is about 3300lbs, and with 261hp, the weight/power is about 12.64

While the honda, at around 2300, if we guess it has maybe 190hp, puts it at 12.1. So its actualy a pretty close race

StreetSpeed2000

Passed Driver's Ed
My buddy had a GSR in his Del Sol. His best was a 14.3 or something like that.

Rev2Ten-K

Banned
You sure? I mean, if its a hatch then it only weights about 2300lbs or less, and the B18C1 is good for 170ish hp I think.

So do the math... the GTI is about 3300lbs, and with 261hp, the weight/power is about 12.64

While the honda, at around 2300, if we guess it has maybe 190hp, puts it at 12.1. So its actualy a pretty close race

Yeah, I guess, I just thought 261 whp would be quicker then a breather bolt-on GSR hatch. :iono: A bone stock (swap only) GSR hatch with a good driver will probably run between 14.0-14.3 @ 97-99ish with light weight reduction, maybe get 100mph trap, but that's starting to either get into gutting the hatch pretty good, or more bolt-ons. Race gas won't do much of anything with his mods either. I'm just a little surprised, (no offense) I would've guessed 261 whp is quite a bit quicker then a GSR hatch. :iono:

Good kill none the less, still sounds like a sick race.

Some of my buddies hatches with VTEC swaps racing against my S2000 a long time ago...Like 5 years ago..I made a little video comparing a civic SI b16 in a hatch, vs a GSR in a hatch, and vs a H22 also in an EG hatch. My s2000 only had I/E/VAFC at the time...

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/8b686fa0-bd58-4c71-92d0-73ae386d8973.htm

That GSR hatch in the 2nd vid went 14.1@99 with I/E/H/clutch.

And I ran my buddies a little while ago in my G35..

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/181dc15a-52be-40c0-8479-98d500f865a5.htm

Z tags along for the 1st race (he's in 2nd, rather then in 1st)...Then me and the Z go at it..

Just trying to shed some light on the subject..

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!
You sure do make alot of videos

Rev2Ten-K

Banned
You sure do make alot of videos

It's what I do for a living. I work in video production. Editing, special effects, graphics...And these street video's are old, but helped me out when I was younger realizing what I like to do.

I got a few skittles in action too. I love running SRT-4's in the S! Most of you guy's seem to always assume my cars slow as ballz because it's not boosted.

rysskii3

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
i was very surprised too. but this guy never tells the true mods. the 1st time we raced (few months back) he told that his car was stock, and it didnt sound like 1. so hes probably not telling me something. also i forgot to write that he got a computer tune too.
after the race he told me that he raced a carrera 4s and they were dead even.

f_399

07 GTI and 06 Passat

wtf

carrera 4s

Max horsepower SAE net 320 @ 6800 rpm
Max torque SAE net, lb-ft 273 @ 4250 rpm

0-60 mph- 4.6 sec
1/4 mile- 12.9 @ 108.7

Rev2Ten-K

Banned
i was very surprised too. but this guy never tells the true mods. the 1st time we raced (few months back) he told that his car was stock, and it didnt sound like 1. so hes probably not telling me something. also i forgot to write that he got a computer tune too.

:iono: :confused:

wtf

carrera 4s

Max horsepower SAE net 320 @ 6800 rpm
Max torque SAE net, lb-ft 273 @ 4250 rpm

0-60 mph- 4.6 sec
1/4 mile- 12.9 @ 108.7

One of the best runs I've ever had in my S2000 was with one of these.. No minor bolt-on GSR hatch is gonna come close IMO. Not unless it's got a lot of work done to it anyway.