GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

gti vs 03 wrx

Supplicium

Autocross Champion
There is this nerd nugget talkin all kinds of sh*t to me and I want to know if I can put him in his place.

My car: 06 gti 6 speed, APR stage2, APR sport tbe, a3 pipe, evoms cai, eurojet pcv, g pcv, forge dv.(hr coils, neuspeed rsb, huf's)

His: 03 wrx, all i know about is a full exhaust and his own custom tune. for the sake of this lets say he has every mod but stock turbo.

I offered him a 40-120 roll. How do u think i would do? Should I him 50-120?

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!
I have no idea, but think of it this way:

No matter what we collectively say, it wont change the outcome of the race. And besides that, you've already made the challenge, so its probably a worse idea to back down than to lose. Just get it over with, and if you lose, you'll have learned a valuable lesson: Don't start a fight you're not certain you can win.

conom06d

Flying circles around VWs
Car(s)
3 wheels and wings
LOL with your mods, you'd kill him. I raced a '07 WRX which my buddy owns (and he can drive very well) and I beat him fair and square. He admitted it too that i am faster when chipped. I have Revo stage 1, neuspeed intake, hpa SS in my favor. He only had Full exhaust and and intake from i believe it is prodrive. Once we got to higher speeds he started to hold his position and slightly gain back but by then he was pretty far back anyways. No way to tell for sure so let us know the outcome though.

Supplicium

Autocross Champion
I have no idea, but think of it this way:

No matter what we collectively say, it wont change the outcome of the race. And besides that, you've already made the challenge, so its probably a worse idea to back down than to lose. Just get it over with, and if you lose, you'll have learned a valuable lesson: Don't start a fight you're not certain you can win.

I didnt start anything I simply said Ill do a 40 roll. Im going to go through with it regardless. I just was wondering what your predictions were.

Supplicium

Autocross Champion
LOL with your mods, you'd kill him. I raced a '06 WRX which my buddy owns (and he can drive very well) and I beat him fair and square. He admitted it too that i am faster when chipped. I have Revo stage 1, neuspeed intake, hpa SS in my favor. He only had Full exhaust and and intake from i believe it is prodrive. Once we got to higher speeds he started to hold his position and slightly gain back but by then he was pretty far back anyways. No way to tell for sure so let us know the outcome though.

what kind of race was run? 40 roll? what gear did you start in?

conom06d

Flying circles around VWs
Car(s)
3 wheels and wings
it was around a 30mph roll. i believe i was in 2nd but not completely sure, it was a few weeks ago.

The 100 octane kid

Ready to race!
There is this nerd nugget talkin all kinds of sh*t to me and I want to know if I can put him in his place.

My car: 06 gti 6 speed, APR stage2, APR sport tbe, a3 pipe, evoms cai, eurojet pcv, g pcv, forge dv.(hr coils, neuspeed rsb, huf's)

His: 03 wrx, all i know about is a full exhaust and his own custom tune. for the sake of this lets say he has every mod but stock turbo.

IF he has all that, I think thats a stage II. I see a stage II make around 225hp. I think he may get you up top.

myfastlikesroadhead

That Guy...

I made 210 awhp with my 02 wrx with catless up + down pipes Tanabe SRM 3" exhaust, drop-in k&n, and manual boost controller at 19psi to redline... yes I was on my way to blowing up my turbo but I could run a 13.2 w/ 1.7 60' and 99mph trap.

It really depends on what he consider's an actual tune..
(above listed mods) w/ Cobb accessport = apr of subie world, strong but conservative close to 215awhp = you'd probably win
(above listed mods) w/ Utec + mbc/ebc = ftw/you're screwed depending on how aggresive he tunes that setup he could make anywhere between 210-240awhp iirc.

Anyway, you have the advantage with gearing/drivetrain loss at 40+ mph. An 03' wrx has a very similar power curve as ours, a lot of torque but a lot of drop off at high rpms.

anyway go for the gold and :respekt: the car even if the driver is a douche

streetsoldier185

Yellow Jacket LS1
Car(s)
04 GTO 6MT
go from a stop...you'll play catch-up at first but you will still win

Well, youre in luck. I ran an 06 with cobb stage II.5 today. He was pretty damn quick.

It was wet from some fresh rain. We started from a first gear roll. I gas it and get mad wheels spin (n00b), I lost 1/2 a car. 2nd gear, held the distance, 3rd gear, had to shut down.

Got to talk to the guy at a light, very cool kid. Was even rocking the same wheels as me (18" OZ ultralegg). VERY nice lookin scooby. WOuld have liked to run high up. Gave him mad props, sounding great too. I'll see him around, he parks near me on campus.

danger dan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
gti
50 is a terrible speed to race from in our car, 65 puts you right around 3.5-4k, which is perfect. 50 puts you at like 2.5-3k, which is bad, or you could be in 3rd and be at like 5k, where you will start loosing power.

run from either 40 or 60.

i think it should be a good race, win or lose

ratboyyy

Cubicle Worker
i ran a wrx with the bug lights in the front, the year that didn't have the STI, from a roll and killed it, you have more mods than me too, i have apr stg2, apr dp, kn drop in filter, forge DV, and its dsg