GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Project racecar. Build #1

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
dump the dsg will lose a lot of weight. new guy to this thread hope you don't mind me chiming in! if you need a driver coach lmk I raced in ctscc back when it was called that lol. what's the cars weight at the moment if you don't mind me asking?? Ever thought of entering the car in AER? love what you have done posting this with only positive intent!

For a long time I was planning on doing a manual swap, actually had a fully built 6spd race trans and everything but was convinced by waaaay too many people to just stick with the DSG.

No worries at all man, chime away lol. As for current weight I'm unsure since I removed so much stuff. I'll find out when I bring it in for the corner balance in a few months though. I'm pretty sure its sub 2900lbs but that's just a guess.

I'll be doing a shake down/test and tune end of April at Autobahn country club if you want to meet up. Its a closed track day for members so we have the run of the track and am always looking for input.

As for AER its just not in the cards. Financially this isnt the right car to run endurance races in. I'd love to get into AER but I'd rather run a 2.5 Rabbit for that, but building a 3rd racecar also isnt happening any time soon lol.

nebgti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
06 white gti
My father and I just picked up an 07 rabbit we are building for AER lol we weighed the car before stripping it and it was only 2899 hopefully we can pull out 500 lbs and get it down to 2700 with driver!

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
My father and I just picked up an 07 rabbit we are building for AER lol we weighed the car before stripping it and it was only 2899 hopefully we can pull out 500 lbs and get it down to 2700 with driver!

Do you guys already run with AER? I'd be curious to see if a rabbit would end up in class 1, or if it would be able to get up in to class 2.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
For a long time I was planning on doing a manual swap, actually had a fully built 6spd race trans and everything but was convinced by waaaay too many people to just stick with the DSG.

Who are these people??? You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
If it's a track car then fine, put a 6 speed in it. If it's a race car, then every tenth counts. There's a huge distinction between a track car and a race car IMO.

nebgti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
06 white gti
Do you guys already run with AER? I'd be curious to see if a rabbit would end up in class 1, or if it would be able to get up in to class 2.

I ran with a bunch of teams hired as their pro driver for about 4 years now. 5 is fastest we expect to be in group 3. Rebuilding engine and tuning it. Plus the IE intake manifold. Ran 2 full seasons with an audi team that had 94 audi 90 (double duty driver for alot of races) and we ran between group 1 and 2 always finished on podium, car had 170 hp and weighed with driver 3000 lbs lol 205 tires. The rabbit when we are done should weigh 2700 with driver, have a little over 200 hp on 225 tires. So we shall see, could be wrong. Doing it for fun so if anybody knows the in and outs of an 07 rabbit hit me up. Sry if I hijacked this thread, I'll help with your build as much as I can!

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
I ran with a bunch of teams hired as their pro driver for about 4 years now. 5 is fastest we expect to be in group 3. Rebuilding engine and tuning it. Plus the IE intake manifold. Ran 2 full seasons with an audi team that had 94 audi 90 (double duty driver for alot of races) and we ran between group 1 and 2 always finished on podium, car had 170 hp and weighed with driver 3000 lbs lol 205 tires. The rabbit when we are done should weigh 2700 with driver, have a little over 200 hp on 225 tires. So we shall see, could be wrong. Doing it for fun so if anybody knows the in and outs of an 07 rabbit hit me up. Sry if I hijacked this thread, I'll help with your build as much as I can!
What teams have you run with? We're on our 3rd season, and I don't recall ever seeing an Audi 90. Sounds like we've probably been at a couple of the same races! As for the 2.5, I think you're gonna probably struggle to get to 200hp out of that engine :iono: If I were you I'd be running an FSI at stock boost. The krab is running a "stock" 1.8T and they do awesome.

nebgti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
06 white gti
What teams have you run with? We're on our 3rd season, and I don't recall ever seeing an Audi 90. Sounds like we've probably been at a couple of the same races! As for the 2.5, I think you're gonna probably struggle to get to 200hp out of that engine :iono: If I were you I'd be running an FSI at stock boost. The krab is running a "stock" 1.8T and they do awesome.

We ran 3 years with 999 black and red audi got second overall two years in a row team name was G Tron. I ran with mad max in the 235 ir as well as a team I cant remember the name but they have an e36 and e90. Ran with Kaufman in his e90 ex ST car as well. I know krabby kraut pretty well. As for hp on the rabbit we will run the IE intake manifold that brings the hp over 200 with a tune. Swapping a 6spd and lsd. What team did/do you run with? About 4 years ago the audi team ran like 3 cars each race may have been before you participated. Look me up if you want, benjamin haymann insta nebgti I'm sure we have crossed paths!

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
We ran 3 years with 999 black and red audi got second overall two years in a row team name was G Tron. I ran with mad max in the 235 ir as well as a team I cant remember the name but they have an e36 and e90. Ran with Kaufman in his e90 ex ST car as well. I know krabby kraut pretty well. As for hp on the rabbit we will run the IE intake manifold that brings the hp over 200 with a tune. Swapping a 6spd and lsd. What team did/do you run with? About 4 years ago the audi team ran like 3 cars each race may have been before you participated. Look me up if you want, benjamin haymann insta nebgti I'm sure we have crossed paths!

I'm with Loose Canon Racing, we have a 944, a 997, and just got a 997 GT3 Cup (funny enough also numbered 999 currently). After running with Chump, WRL, and AER I'd definitely say AER is my favorite.

Sorry to thread jack! :threadjacked:

nebgti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
06 white gti
I'm with Loose Canon Racing, we have a 944, a 997, and just got a 997 GT3 Cup (funny enough also numbered 999 currently). After running with Chump, WRL, and AER I'd definitely say AER is my favorite.

Sorry to thread jack! :threadjacked:

I drove for mad max racing in a bmw 235 ir last year at Jersey, was your cup the car that hit the wall at the end of the day Friday in qualifying? Because I do remember a cup car last year that ended their weekend. Hope the driver was ok btw, looked like a hard hit

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
I drove for mad max racing in a bmw 235 ir last year at Jersey, was your cup the car that hit the wall at the end of the day Friday in qualifying? Because I do remember a cup car last year that ended their weekend. Hope the driver was ok btw, looked like a hard hit

We actually just got the cup car on Friday after the non-cup 997 blew an engine in practice, so wasn't us. We've actually never made it up to NJMP. We did however wreck the #997 car (it was green then)last year at NCM in a pretty big way.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
We actually just got the cup car on Friday after the non-cup 997 blew an engine in practice, so wasn't us. We've actually never made it up to NJMP. We did however wreck the #997 car (it was green then)last year at NCM in a pretty big way.

Ouch, that sucks some hard balls for sure. Driver ok?