GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Track Guys - Sumps

Not_Sean

Hey guys, So the Golf has raced in its first two rounds of Time Attack,

We currently pretty happy with how its performing in street class, But hearing mixed things and just looking for an answer regarding Sumps and Baffeling.

So some people are saying the EA888 needs it but not the EA113, others are saying its not possible unless we do a 1.8T oil pump and sump

and some are saying its just not at all needed. Now the driver is an AM so won't be pushing the car to its limits plus its on street tires but just want to see what people here think since I don't know enough on these and my last post on the Catchcan/breather really helped me learn a lot on these.

Fred930

Scirocco MK II Track Car
I don't know why anyone would build a track car without an Accusump and baffled oil pan. Both are relatively inexpensive and easy to install (assuming you have an external oil cooler already plumbed in). Seems like pretty cheap insurance. Let someone else figure out if it's "REALLY" needed or not!!

Not_Sean

I don't know why anyone would build a track car without an Accusump and baffled oil pan. Both are relatively inexpensive and easy to install (assuming you have an external oil cooler already plumbed in). Seems like pretty cheap insurance. Let someone else figure out if it's "REALLY" needed or not!!

I think the only reason someone would build a track car without one is price. The car for the first season so far is pretty much completely stock and we did the for the reason of getting our benchmark of what its capable stock and go from there.

This car, unlike our MK2 Focus ST, will be staying in street class for a few more years so we are taking it slow due to the owners budget.

Oil cooler and DSG coolers are going in soon. again its all waiting just Owners Budget.