GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jash's CW #3900

CW#3900

Hey guys,I decided I would introduce myself and make a proper thread for my 2008 R32 CW #3900.I purchased the car a couple years ago (11/2014).It was stock when I bought it but I have made some changes and lots of repairs.Lately I have went a little overboard with the parts and I have a bunch more planed for it.If I would have to choose a "build direction" or goal it would be more of a track car then show/stance car.
I'll make a quick list of the modifications and repairs that I have done.Wheels and tires come and go around here so I ended up selling the stock wheels because one was bent.I had road hazard but its been nothing but problems @ the local VW dealer where I purchased it and I will never be returning there.Current wheels and tires are Detroits with kumho ecsta PS91's.

Major repairs
Washer fluid level sensor(took delivery with low washer fluid)I though it was just low but nope...wasn't like that on the test drive.
Headlight failed within 24hrs of owning it(plate light also went first week)
2 front fenders replaced and repainted
AC pressure sensor
Complete coil over kit due to 2 broken springs right front and left rear(probably purchased it like that)
The wires on the hood hinge started touching and caused a ton of faults

Modifications
Solo werks coil over kit with ECS heavy duty strut mounts(all new hardware,bearings and rear mounts)
Spulen adjustable swaybar end links (in the mail)
ECS Street shield skid plate
Fumoto quick drain valve
034 motorsports dogbone insert
Custom exhaust :wink:
Cupra lip
Nokia H7 bulbs
LED fogs
Euro switch
Euro dash cubby
Rear hatch dash shelf
Paddle shifter extensions
Front and rear dash cam/reverse cam
Eurosport rear X brace
Forge Motorsports intake(nosie pipe delete kit waiting to be installed)
Some plasti dip stuff
15mm ECS Rear spacers
Rally armor splash gaurds
And Im sure I forgot some repairs and mods.
Here is a stock pic
r32 pic 1 by Jash Z, on Flickr

CAM00126 (2) by Jash Z, on Flickr

IMAG0189 by Jash Z, on Flickr
IMAG0070 by Jash Z, on Flickr
eurosport brace sticker bombed by Jash Z, on Flickr
Snapshot 1 (11-19-2016 7-13 PM) by Jash Z, on Flickr
20150927_111602 by Jash Z, on Flickr
DSC00296 by Jash Z, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/MbWoep]
DSC00958 by Jash Z, on Flickr
[/url]DSC00858 by Jash Z, on Flickr
Sorry for all the pics

Last edited:

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
Sweet looking ride! My wife has been on me to change the wheels to the Detroit and alike and now that I see it, not too bad!

CW#3900

Thanks Stang.Yea I really like the Detroits for a factory wheel.Ever since I put the Detroit wheels on I seem to get more compliments.I also forgot to mention I have a Micro Can and VCDS for anyone im my area.I've been on Vortex for a while but recently found the thread I have been looking for since day one on this forum.I have always wanted to make the coding change to enable dual high beams but could never find a clear walk though until now.Thats my plans for this weekend along with installing LED reverse lights and closing the hole left from the noise pipe.I just looked at the list next to me and it has 12 R32 projects on it:)I post all of my auto cross days VW events and modification stuff on Youtube.com/Joshcb7 This Forum seems to be more MKV focused then Vortex where I just hang around the R32 section.I cant wait to read through the threads to see what everyone over here's been up to.

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
How do you feel about the cupra lip? Did you just run a bunch of bolts up into the bumper cover?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CW#3900

How do you feel about the cupra lip? Did you just run a bunch of bolts up into the bumper cover?

Thanks for the welcome guys,
Yes....Tons of bolts now that I look back but I think it was my first mod to the R32 and its tough to shape the cupra lip just right.You have to cut some tabs off the cupra lip and I used a heat gun to get the shape sorta close to the bumpers shape.Im not gonna post anyone else's car talking bad but you can find some good jobs and some hack jobs.Some might even call mine a hack job,I mean I did drill a bunch of holes into my bumper but I feel its worth it.Mine has not came lose,Doesn't scrape much.
CAM00338(1) by Jash Z, on Flickr

Sorry if my photos were too big.I finally got around to enabling my dual high beams and wow what a difference that makes.The Nokia H7 yellow bulbs were cool just because the way they reflect in the housing but now I can actually use them.

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
From that picture, I think you did a good job on the Cupra lip....I've heard it's not exactly a 'bolt-on' mod.

CW#3900

From that picture, I think you did a good job on the Cupra lip....I've heard it's not exactly a 'bolt-on' mod.

Thanks.I dont mind posting more pics if you guys are interested.I have an install video on my youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFxgqWP8n3E
but its poor quality and one of my early videos. I've seen it where people dont shape it and there are big gaps but the best advice I have is line it up it the middle and work to the outsides.Use the to vertical pieces on the cupra lip and center them around the vertical line in the grill above it.You will be left with a little space on each end,That is why you shouldn't start left to right.I'll put a pic of the pieces I cut off the cupra lip and the underside.I used some flat washers which help to shape it.Again its mostly if you care about drilling into your bumper but you gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette haha
CAM00280 by Jash Z, on Flickr
CAM00299_LI by Jash Z, on Flickr
CAM00300(1) by Jash Z, on Flickr
CAM00308(1) by Jash Z, on Flickr
CAM00311 by Jash Z, on Flickr

FR4NK S1NATRA

Car(s)
MK5 R32
for your eurobrace, were the two lower bolt-in spots hard to finagle? I have the top 4 bolts to secure the top of the brace in but the bottom at rest is sitting about .5" away from where it needs to bolt up to. was that how yours was?

emanyankee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk5 Gti
Looking good! Keep it up. I have flirted with the thought of getting an .:R before for a track toy

CW#3900

for your eurobrace, were the two lower bolt-in spots hard to finagle? I have the top 4 bolts to secure the top of the brace in but the bottom at rest is sitting about .5" away from where it needs to bolt up to. was that how yours was?

Wow I thought this forum was dead....I used 4 bolts on my Euro brace instead of 6 but I did the top 2 and the 2 lower ones.So I have all 4 corners.I F'd up somewhere and the last 2 bolts dont line up with the nutsersts,luckily I had all four corners work out.I thought about making the holes slightly larger in the Euro brace like a slot so I could bolt in the last 2 but its very solid with the 4 corners.After all this time its still tight and solid with the cabin so I didnt bother.
To answer your question the bottom 2 worked out fine for me.

Yesterday 10:09 AM
emanyankee Looking good! Keep it up. I have flirted with the thought of getting an .:R before for a track toy

Thanks.Im flirting with the idea of ditching the R.I'd take 10k for it just over 120k.Sold some of the aftermarket stuff.Theres not much action on this forum but my issues are detailed on VWvortex.