GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fender Flares

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Bought a set from 1552 when they were first released, and Im just NOW getting around to getting them painted and installed:

Last edited:

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
That should look awesome. I like that they are painted and not flat black plastic or carbon fiber.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Wheels I am planning to buy eventually are 17x10 Et22
I have a plethora of spacers to get them to fit just right

I always told myself I wouldn't change out the turbo until I had a 2nd car and now that I have a 2003 Mazda miata I can entertain the idea of a F23 or GTX28 to compliment the fender flares and big ole fat meaty tires. No stretch or camber here folks :thumbsup:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Wheels I am planning to buy eventually are 17x10 Et22
I have a plethora of spacers to get them to fit just right

I always told myself I wouldn't change out the turbo until I had a 2nd car and now that I have a 2003 Mazda miata I can entertain the idea of a F23 or GTX28 to compliment the fender flares and big ole fat meaty tires. No stretch or camber here folks :thumbsup:

I saw the pictures on the 1552 website of the flares on a MKV paint matched. LINK

I would like to do something similar, really looking forward to pics of your completed project. I would just like to be able to run some custom wheels with a 1-2 in lip.

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
Gtx30 or bust.

If you're gonna do anything t25 based at least get a gtx29. There's a reason a lot of poeple end up going bigger after a gtx28.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
That or an EFR turbo. I'm with Carson on this. I couldn't chop up the bodywork of my GTI haha. But they look much better painted. I'm not sure I'd run that much of a spacer if you're planning on driving the hell out of it. I know they're safe technically, but why not get a more aggressive wheel?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
That or an EFR turbo. I'm with Carson on this. I couldn't chop up the bodywork of my GTI haha. But they look much better painted. I'm not sure I'd run that much of a spacer if you're planning on driving the hell out of it. I know they're safe technically, but why not get a more aggressive wheel?

X2 I am considering an EFR 7163, and yes get the right wheels with the correct offset as opposed to using big spacers if you are going wide. I would definately paint fenders, maybe even have them molded in.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Its hard to find a 5x112 17x9 or 17x10 wheel with an offset lower than ET22 without spending a goddamn arm and a leg.
I refuse to pay BBS prices.

I want a fun spirited car with a solid midrange, take into consideration I also plan on dropping an LS1 in my miata, THAT should be the beast car. Shooting for 400-450whp

~300-350whp in the GTI would be tits