GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ED30 DSG vs Porsche Carrera (chase runs)

DarkX

Your Boss :P
Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
Think it was a 996, had black wheels, dark tint and seemed lowered unless it came like that stock and I dunno if he had any performance mods. From a quick search, 996's had 320 hp stock and they were pretty lightweight.

Details about the runs included in the vid.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Good show of power and nice showing who really keeps the VW/Audi/Porsche going strong! I had one try keeping up with me in the curvy's and I put distance on him both in the straights and curves for a 3.5 mile stretch...so it showed I could out handle and power it.

DarkX

Your Boss :P
Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
Thanks guys. :thumbsup:

It's cool isn't it? 15 years back you wouldn't dare to think you could keep up with cars like that in a daily driver hatchback, let alone pull them. It's true hot hatches have closed the gap with typical sports cars and even supercars in many cases. Even if they don't come powerful enough from the factory, hardware-wise they're armed to the teeth, with huge potential for very little money.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
so it showed I could out handle and power it.

Out power yes, but I doubt that you'd out handle it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
...OK, maybe I should've said, with my front and rear ARB's and B8 dampers and H&R springs, I had more confidence through the curvy's then...how's that? LOL

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Much better, haha!! Even with my setup I doubt I'd out handle a carrera

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Thanks guys. :thumbsup:

It's cool isn't it? 15 years back you wouldn't dare to think you could keep up with cars like that in a daily driver hatchback, let alone pull them. It's true hot hatches have closed the gap with typical sports cars and even supercars in many cases. Even if they don't come powerful enough from the factory, hardware-wise they're armed to the teeth, with huge potential for very little money.
It is KOOL! :word:

Can't wait to see what happens post 2017 models...with the GTI and Golf R supposedly nearing 300hp and 350hp+ respectively. :thumbsup: