GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

flat tire vs 328is

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
I'll post this story as a cautionary tale. Was driving my '02 Tacoma which is totally stock with RWD, 4 speed auto and no ABS or stability control. Also equipped with skinny all seasons, slow steering rate, and soft suspension with plenty of body roll. Anyway, I was driving this truck full throttle on an uphill highway overpass. Speed was probably 90-95. My friend is following in his e36 328 (no ESP) on *summer tires*. We come up on the turn and I pick my line and enter with tires squealing. Friend lets off while swerving into the same turn and wrecked his car putting it into the wall. I braked to zero as fast as possible and went full speed reverse back to where he wrecked. Miraculously he was not hurt and the car ran long enough to be driven off the freeway. It was not a car issue as I have been driving the same E36 recently (very hard too I might add) and it has no "bad" handling habits or mechanical issues. Now we have suspension, body work to fix and one wheel is totally ruined.

Moral of the story: it is the driver, not the car. I had always taken it as kind of a joke that people might crash trying to keep up with me. Wasn't concerned this time because I thought the e36 could keep up with the Taco. It is no joke anymore and I won't be doing fast driving with people who can't drive.

Car(s)
Subaru
prolly set the car off balance mid turn, like entering too fast, hit the brakes and understeered or something. sad to hear regardless. on the upside, it sounfds like he is okay

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
He oversteered after swerving the car, couldn't control it and actually hit the wall a few times. If he had been less abrupt and didn't get the car loose I'm sure he would have made the corner.