GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First race against street bike with my new GT28

SIIIICK08

Ready to race!
This morning air temp 88*. At a light turning left, modded street bike behind me. Rider wearing a skeleton mask (creepy). Once I turned biker got in the right lane we both took off. Full boost in 2nd & 3rd. Hear the biker fully revving but he never passed. Sounded like we were neck & neck. I was more focused on my boost & RPM. Funny thing was this guy was shocked. Kept staring at me with his freaky mask. He wanted another run but my turn was coming up.

Before when I was STG2+ I could never touch these bikes. Not sure of the make but could of most likely been a 600. Very pleased with this new kit worth every penny. :clap:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
If I wasn't in Calif that would be my next upgrade. Must feel pretty good. Jealous, get some water meth on there.... a must for AZ.. you will see huge diff

nashbar

Ready to race!
Car(s)
b5s4, fz1 and mk5
I've posted this before, 600cc sportbikes will destroy "every" mkv. maybe zevion's r32 would be competitive? the only car that kept up with my old r6 was a ligenfelter vette. I'm guessing the bike OP came across was a 250-300 "sportbike" econo thing.

K03

Ridiculous.
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
OP, do you know anything in regard to bikes? maybe you could shed some light on the model? Ik you said you assumed it was a 600, but could you tell what manufacturer it was? It could also be possible that the rider didnt expect much from the VW hatch and shifted early.. or it was a clean kill on an inexperienced rider, but ill have to agree, not many mk5's can keep up with even a 600.

20GLI08

Put em on the glass
Car(s)
GLI
Maybe it was not geared properly for highway runs.

613B6

Ready to race!
I've posted this before, 600cc sportbikes will destroy "every" mkv. maybe zevion's r32 would be competitive? the only car that kept up with my old r6 was a ligenfelter vette. I'm guessing the bike OP came across was a 250-300 "sportbike" econo thing.

I almost agree...there is no way a 28 series mkv would keep up. I can put 2 cars on gsxr 600 by 200km/h and I'm at least 150 more whp than the op.

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
600s aren't god's gift to the moto world, but it's surprising you hung with one in gears 2-3. The combination of traction and acceleration on even a 600 would be difficult to beat at those speeds in any FWD car. He would be in first gear to start out if he knew what he was doing and there is absolutely no way any FWD MKV is hanging with a 600 in first gear.

Of course, the biker was probably a gear or two up, and you're at altitude, aren't you? I could see you hanging in those conditions.