GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DM K04 - WRX

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
As all street racing stories begin..... I was minding my own business....

I see a WRX in my rear, this is a very late model, looked to be fairly new. We are rolling about 45, he passes me, eventually traffic clears and we are on a nice long stretch of divided road with no cross roads or what is know as a perfect road for a little fun.

He is about 6 lengths ahead of me and I see a puff of smoke as he decides to go WOT. I follow and do the same. I reeled him in quickly and went right by him rather easily. He looked pretty surprised when he saw my stock looking MKV go by at speed.

I know, it wasn't a fair race to begin with but it was still fun to beat up on a WRX since they used to beat up on me.

This race occured 2 miles north of Mexico City.

On a side note my dyno figures are just the last time I have been to the dyno. After that I increased the water meth and DM added some timing and the car is running much stronger than the previous tune from the dyno.

Last edited:

Subie2013

Humble yourself
Haha. I have an STI. So this is funny to me. A KO4 vs a stock WRX is obviously a bust. But knowing first hand how cocky WRX/STI drivers are about their cars I'm glad this happened.

I will say I'm not one of those people. Good job crushing that kid.

Car(s)
Subaru
i raced a newer s1 sti and was able to put a few cars on it. im sure you murdered that car haha. sucks that the new new cars coming out are as fast as our cars are, even "heavily modded." makes me want a mk7 gti that much more. saw that apr's s1 mk7 gti is making about 315whp.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
i raced a newer s1 sti and was able to put a few cars on it. im sure you murdered that car haha. sucks that the new new cars coming out are as fast as our cars are, even "heavily modded." makes me want a mk7 gti that much more. saw that apr's s1 mk7 gti is making about 315whp.
Wow. Crazy.

My '13 STI at S2+ is making around 300awhp.

kal-el

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 MkV GTI

No that's crank. 316 bhp on a chassis dyno. They also consistently measure stock higher than VW claims. But it's about the gain not peak numbers. Quite impressive all the same.

Car(s)
Subaru
Wow. Crazy.

My '13 STI at S2+ is making around 300awhp.

yeah, idk. i mean, i love subaru, but i dont know if i would actually buy one over a gti r. i do feel like subaru is japan's version of a german car, and i like that

No that's crank. 316 bhp on a chassis dyno. They also consistently measure stock higher than VW claims. But it's about the gain not peak numbers. Quite impressive all the same.

oh... i knew it was something 300hp, i just thought it was whp. still, crazy gains over stock. its extremely peaky and falls on its face very fast, but it looks like the motor loves the boost

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I haven't run a stronger Impreza to date. I do know they are out there and one may spank me some day. Actually, it would be nice to run something that would do so...so I get the urge to find the upgrade itch again = w/m + K04 hybrid(love the torque).

As things are, content, I haven't needed more. :thumbsup:

Subie2013

Humble yourself
I haven't run a stronger Impreza to date. I do know they are out there and one may spank me some day. Actually, it would be nice to run something that would do so...so I get the urge to find the upgrade itch again = w/m + K04 hybrid(love the torque).

As things are, content, I haven't needed more. :thumbsup:
I'd say mine is average. I have plans for a protune/E85/1000cc injectors in the very near future.

So that'll be more like 350-360awhp and 400+awtq.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Love to see results of your build.