GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DM K04+ vs E92 M3 DCT

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
We did a roll from 100kmh, but it was a little spontaneous so we didn't go after three honks. He had an exhaust, so I could hear that he jumped on it pretty much right after I did, so I ended up starting about a half car length ahead. I managed to pull ahead slowly, but as we approached 210-220 kmh or so, he started gaining on me.

We only did one run, but he started in the wrong gear (only explanation really); probably due to overconfidence :happyanim:

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
There's a video of a K04 mk6 keeping up with the older C63 (or beating him) in the quarter. That car was gutted for drag tho.

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
K04s on the MK6 make a little bit more power than the K04s on the FSI.

I haven't really been following this but I know most of the OTS tunes for TSI K04 made more power than the FSI.. But is that still true now that DMs tune makes 320+whp

phil

becausephilchow
Car(s)
2009 VW R32
I haven't really been following this but I know most of the OTS tunes for TSI K04 made more power than the FSI.. But is that still true now that DMs tune makes 320+whp

Should make more regardless. The motor's just a more efficient/better design. If DM can make 320~WHP on the FSI, I suspect they'll be able to make more than that with the TSI when they get around to it.

better flowing head, stronger internals, and flappers arent right in the middle.

good run ian :thumbsup:

Yup! :thumbsup:

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
Should make more regardless. The motor's just a more efficient/better design. If DM can make 320~WHP on the FSI, I suspect they'll be able to make more than that with the TSI when they get around to it.

True.

Tapatalkin

Car(s)
Subaru

Yup! :thumbsup:

i thought they were doing just over 300whp and f23t was doing 340whp :iono:

kal-el

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 MkV GTI

I made 312 WHP on my FSI before Bronson found I had some fueling issues. He fixed it and said I should have another 5-10 WHP. Never got to go back but I'm taking his word that I gained atleast a few. I also drove 1.5 hours to the dyno so the car was plenty warm.

3.sl06MT

Stout
Car(s)
Honda Accord
A full bolt on / K04 shouldn't have much issue keeping up with an E92? They trap 108-112 stock, and I've seen most K04s go 110+. I don't see why it wouldn't be close up to ~120 or so where the E92 would probably pull. My buddies all motor RSX was neck & neck with an E92 6spd.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
Well, some people have gotten the F23T up to 350whp but you're asking for a blown engine then. So they detune them. I've seen 1 on a build go 375whp on a F23T. But ya, DM is rocking 300+whp on KO4, and 340+whp on F23T.

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
A full bolt on / K04 shouldn't have much issue keeping up with an E92? They trap 108-112 stock, and I've seen most K04s go 110+. I don't see why it wouldn't be close up to ~120 or so where the E92 would probably pull. My buddies all motor RSX was neck & neck with an E92 6spd.

I'm fairly sure that I've got a sliiight boost leak somewhere, and it was also extremely hot that day. Also on 91 map not 93. I had been driving the car rather hard prior to running him, so I'm thinking heatsoak took over my little Golf R intercooler :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3.sl06MT

Stout
Car(s)
Honda Accord
I'm fairly sure that I've got a sliiight boost leak somewhere, and it was also extremely hot that day. Also on 91 map not 93. I had been driving the car rather hard prior to running him, so I'm thinking heatsoak took over my little Golf R intercooler :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No I'm saying your results don't surprise me. And if you have a boost leak, that's even better for you because you probably would've stayed ahead. Good run.