GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKV GTI vs. 2006 Turbo RSX

Austin_hull

Für Die Liebe Des Autos
Car(s)
MK5 TR GTI REVO// +
I had seen a white RSX running around the area for awhile, and I finally got the chance to line up with him today. He caught up to me, and we chatted at the stop light for a minute or two. He says he has the K20A3 engine with a PTE-3231 snail, FMIC, intake, exhaust, and some smaller mods. He asked me if I wanted to run, so I said "fuck it, why not?", and we did a *QUICK* run (stoplight to stoplight). It wasn't even close. I put two car lengths on him, almost immediately. We pulled into a gas station, and he asked me what I had done to mine. The guy was a really good sport, and we both admired the other's car, and parted ways with a handshake. It was really refreshing to talk to JDM guy, who can respect German cars, and actually knows what he's talking about!

However, I am left with one question...from what I recall, the 3231 should be good for about ~310hp on a K20a3...I know the torque is lower, (250ish, if I recall), but I found myself surprised that he didn't keep up with me...does anyone here dabble in the JDM world, and perhaps have some insight? Seems to me that he might have had a bad tune, or something...

3.sl06MT

Stout
Car(s)
Honda Accord
Not sure which turbo that is, but the A3 makes 160(?) crank HP and is a 16 second car in stock form. I'd be surprised if it was a 100mph car in the 1/4. Also, stoplight to stoplight depends on driver ability/traction, etc. Maybe his car is faster than I'm assuming and he just couldn't drive it well due to either lack of ability/traction, or both.

Austin_hull

Für Die Liebe Des Autos
Car(s)
MK5 TR GTI REVO// +
Not sure which turbo that is, but the A3 makes 160(?) crank HP and is a 16 second car in stock form. I'd be surprised if it was a 100mph car in the 1/4. Also, stoplight to stoplight depends on driver ability/traction, etc. Maybe his car is faster than I'm assuming and he just couldn't drive it well due to either lack of ability/traction, or both.

Yeah, they're about 160 stock..I could be mistaken, I'll do some more research after work, but I believe it's a mid-50s millimeter turbo. Also, it was a longer distance than an average city stoplight...it was every bit of a 1/4 mile. I do wonder about his driving ability...I really expected him to keep up, if not have me off the line; if for no other reason than the fact that he weighs less...regarding driver ability though, he made no excuses like "I missed a gear", or anything like that..

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Did his car have some stance to it, or really low profile tires? A little negative camber up front or thin sidewalls can make a huge difference in how the car hooks, and a bad launch will carry over to the whole run.

Car(s)
Subaru
yep, im guessing this came down to traction. you still won though, so congrats. i want to run jekyll, whom has a dsg and apr s2 tune and will be s2+ soon. i know im faster than him, but from a dig, he might win due to the dsg.

idk, but i honestly thought the rsx was going to win when i read the title. i hope he comes in here and chimes in too. id like to know more on the mod list