GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aftermarket wheels?

kazyce

Ready to race!
Anybody going with aftermarket wheels (BBS, etc..) for their car? I think BBS wheels look totally at home on VW's.

Gulfer

Administrator
Staff member
Car(s)
Nothing
kazyce said:
Anybody going with aftermarket wheels (BBS, etc..) for their car? I think BBS wheels look totally at home on VW's.

Well speaking of BBS, I plan on some BBS CH. Had some on my Bimmer and were some of the best wheels I've ever owned, its hard deciding between the CH and the RC, but I think the CH would look more at home on the GTI. BBS are known for being strong and relatively lightweight at the same time. I've had a problem with almost every aftermarket wheel i've ever owned, but never my BBS wheels.

terpud

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't really like the choice of the stock wheels so I'll probably keep the stock ones one until the tires wear out then switch them out for aftermarket wheels or I'll pull the stockers off right away and sell them.

MAlby7

Oval Newbie
Has anyone seen any pictures with the neuspeed wheels on a car especially the RS6's and RS5's.

RS10's

RS5's

RS6's

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
MAlby7 said:
Has anyone seen any pictures with the neuspeed wheels on a car especially the RS6's and RS5's.

RS10's

I haven't but will keep my eyes out.

MAlby7

Oval Newbie
Those Neuspeed wheels are supposed to be Light Weight (18-19lbs in the 18" to 19" sizes) and strong because they're forged. This is what Neuspeed says but does anyone have any first hand proof of this?

GaBoYnFla

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
R32
Here they are on a Jetta.....they are really nice wheels but no one seems to have good pics of them on real cars-I don't get it....they need to market them better......they are high quality and light weight (19"=19lbs).

There are a couple more pics of it if you want to see....6 total.

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Hi all,
First post here! I've had my MkV GTI for just over a year now... last october I put on some new wheels, some 19" River Wheels R1s. These babies are really nice, they're lighter than even the 17" Detroits that the car comes with as standard in the EU (I don't know how much the US 17" wheels weigh).

The ride has improved significantly since I've put them on, and the handling is just superb now - some idiot car wash scratched them a couple of months ago, and so while they were off to be refurbed I had my 18" Denvers on and the difference was unbelievable. BBS lightweight hollow-cast or not, the handling with the newer Rivers was unparalleled.

EDIT - sorry for low quality pic, I got that from my cameraphone. I've just cleaned my car today and I've got my proper digital camera with me so I'll take some clean pics today.

YenPxxx

Drag Racing Champion
cmdrfire said:
Hi all,
First post here! I've had my MkV GTI for just over a year now... last october I put on some new wheels, some 19" River Wheels R1s. These babies are really nice, they're lighter than even the 17" Detroits that the car comes with as standard in the EU (I don't know how much the US 17" wheels weigh).

The ride has improved significantly since I've put them on, and the handling is just superb now - some idiot car wash scratched them a couple of months ago, and so while they were off to be refurbed I had my 18" Denvers on and the difference was unbelievable. BBS lightweight hollow-cast or not, the handling with the newer Rivers was unparalleled.

EDIT - sorry for low quality pic, I got that from my cameraphone. I've just cleaned my car today and I've got my proper digital camera with me so I'll take some clean pics today.

Wow ure car color and wheels are hot!! What color is that btw? Laser blue?

Too bad the stock wheels on the GTI are so damn heavy cause they actually look good for stock wheels. Ure 19's look even better though and to think you actually saved weight in switching from stock is great. Hard to tell from the pic but is your car lowered?

VW USA if ure listening please bring this blue to North America :bow:

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
YenPxxx said:
Wow ure car color and wheels are hot!! What color is that btw? Laser blue?

Too bad the stock wheels on the GTI are so damn heavy cause they actually look good for stock wheels. Ure 19's look even better though and to think you actually saved weight in switching from stock is great. Hard to tell from the pic but is your car lowered?

VW USA if ure listening please bring this blue to North America :bow:

Thanks dude :smile:
The car is indeed Laser Blue, and I'm afraid there's no chance of you getting it - the GTI is no longer available in Laser Blue! I'm pleased though, means that my car is now one of a limited run :wink:
The car isn't actually lowered, though it does look it now (19" wheels with 235/35 profile tyres...)

Charis

Ready to race!
AJChenMPH said:
Though the Euro versions are lower than the North American versions to begin with... :wink:

Good point it's like half an inch lower stock. Lucky them.. they got last blue and lower ride height stock :D