GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gas Smell

Bake

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So.
I take it to the fiat dealership I got the car at they didnt know whats going on, bitched enough to get a discount on service at a VW dealership not to far away. Sat at that dealership for two hours and they tell me its the line for the high pressure fuel pump? So I payed for the diagnostic and for them to order the part. They tell me the part will be in Monday so I take the car back home because I need the car this weekend. I have not smelt any gas! So now I got to figure out what to do.
thats the line i was talking about. sorry i was unable to take pics for you. been under the weather the last few days.

Bake

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Looks like a hose is missing, nipple coming off the intake manifold in the center of the first pic. Someone more familiar with TSI motor will have to confirm though.
that's just a clip for the engine cover.

bigmahlman

Passed Driver's Ed
thats the line i was talking about. sorry i was unable to take pics for you. been under the weather the last few days.

So its very possible that it was just loose and they are trying to sell me a part I dont need. That's why they were pushing so hard for me to leave the car at the dealership.

can you still upload a picture for me?

Bake

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
first pic is the line and adjustable nut i was talking about
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1364599401.462510.jpg

and the second pic is zoomed out so you can get perspective as to where it is located in the engine bay
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1364599475.990136.jpg

Qwoz

Roflcopter pilot
Car(s)
08 GTI
Random bump, but I was having this fuel smell issue and I found the solution. Wanted to share for someones future troubkeshooting benefit. The brass pressure release valve (with the black hand twist cap) on the HPFP was loose. I could hear it hissing when the car was off. Gave it a quick crank with a 13mm and its back to normal.

For context, the fuel smell was so strong I could smell it in my house. I thought I was about to blow up.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
No, dsg is an auto

Sent from my iPhone

Here we go...:paddle:

The endless debate over whether there can only be two types of Transmissions...or can there be a third type and so on. It's like saying you have to put electric cars into a Gas or Diesel engine classification. May open minds prevail.