GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tire/fitment contemplation

Jdl09gti

///Quickster
Car(s)
GTi MkV.
Right now I'm running 225/40-18 Hankook V12's with VMR V710 8.5in +45 front and +37(8mm spacers :wink:) Lowered on H&R super sports

I need new tires and I have my mind set on the Pilot Super sports.

I was contemplating if I should just get the same size of pilot super sports (225/40-18)

OR

Get 215 tires. I've been trying to find some pictures with 215 tires and 8.5in wheels and no luck so far...

If I got with 215/40-18 tires, I know i'm gonna stretch more that I already am right now. I know this will create the "illusion" of a wider tire but is it going to look wider than my 225 set up? Do PSS run beefy? I'm also sure that the 215 will cure the minor rubbing I have in the rear lol.

I was also offered the Pilot A/S 3's $740 installed

This is how it stands right now:

IMG_0561 by jdl92, on Flickr

IMG_0564 by jdl92, on Flickr

20150215_100346_1 by jdl92, on Flickr

Last edited:

VMRWheels

Go Kart Champion
Tyrestretch.com

http://www.tyrestretch.com/8.5_215_40_R18/

Going with the 215/40 will be stretched and even though the Michelin PSS's are known for running wider than average, it should still be slightly narrower than the 225/40 Hankooks you have right now.

With the spacers you have in the rear, the PSS's will most likely rub with the 225/40.

$740 is not a bad installed price for the A/S3's but those are all season tires and will have different handling characteristics than the PSS's.

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
Have you considered a slight fender pull in the rear? Might be a cheap way to get rid of the little rubbing you have

Jdl09gti

///Quickster
Car(s)
GTi MkV.
http://www.tyrestretch.com/8.5_215_40_R18/

Going with the 215/40 will be stretched and even though the Michelin PSS's are known for running wider than average, it should still be slightly narrower than the 225/40 Hankooks you have right now.

With the spacers you have in the rear, the PSS's will most likely rub with the 225/40.

$740 is not a bad installed price for the A/S3's but those are all season tires and will have different handling characteristics than the PSS's.

True. I might just run the 225 instead of the 215. However since I've been told the Hankooks run narrower, I can run the 10mm spacer with slight rubbing with passengers but since I'm switching to 225 PSS, I might take it off and see how it goes.

Have you considered a slight fender pull in the rear? Might be a cheap way to get rid of the little rubbing you have

Yeah I have but I only rub with passengers inside but its not too bad.

vengance

Idl if the pics will help, but this is my old wheel set up 18x8.5 et38 with bfg g-force 215/40/18. It will still rub. I had a set up with similar specs that you are talking about. The easiest solution is to get smaller spaces. So it will tuck more or if you get a stiffer suspension and better dampening that absorbs bumps better. You can pull it off. I ended up getting a different suspension. So I could pull off wider wheels.

On the otherside, I had 18x8.5 et45 wheels on 225/40/18 Dunlops all around. I didn't have any issues with rubbing because they would slightly tuck in on bumps.