• abt-15.jpg
    abt-15.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 4,423
  • abt-16.jpg
    abt-16.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 3,776

Dubsta

Drag Racing Champion
Honeslty guys, coming from owning a Dark Blue MK4, you would not believe how much cleaner and easier to keep clean the white is...I'm blown away.

My friends father always told me white was the easiest, and I never believed him, well now I do! If I didn't dry my MK4 right away, I would have water spots and steaks everywhere, I have not dried the White MK5 yet, and I can't believe how awesome it always looks.

x-star

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't want to be the hater hear but the red GTI and the white GTI are the ugliest things I have ever seen. ABT has always made great stuff. I was putting their stuff on my B5 before a lot of you were even fans of VW but those black striped hoods have got to go. IMO, that type of hood is for Honda's and Acura's. These are German made machines. Not silly looking Honda's that go to the street races and hang out in parking lots of Taco Bell.

I hope that that style never takes off on German autos. I have been seeing a lot more VW and Audi's around town with 15" rims and those stupid giant unpainted aluminum DTM style wings not to mention the carbon fiber hoods, black stripes, and rediculously loud exhaust. I know this might make a lot of people mad but I just hate seing a beautiful VW looking like a POS.

blackmkv

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
VW GTI
JJ-R32 said:
Here are the US MSRP prices for ABT parts for the GTI

CLICK HERE FOR ABT PRICE LIST FOR GTI PARTS

(many thanks to tmm1111)
well i got the cash if they got the kit. i would just need help choosing the one i need sense they have no pics. i want the abt front and side skirts and the rear valance that goes with the stock muffler system. what part numbers will that be JJ. i would appreciate if anyone helps

GTI2007

The number for the GTI front valence is 1K0800111/2 and that of the side skirts is 1K0800102. Abt doesn't have a rear skirt for the stock muffler on the GTI, only for the 4 pipes exhaust. But you have to know that those pieces come unpainted and so they require painting and ensembly.

There are 3 rear skirts of Abt, but only one for the GTI

1K0800103/1 - Abt rear skirt - only in connection with Abt rear muffler (4-pipe), also for Golf V GTI - 408.84 $
1K0800103/2 - Abt rear skirt - only in connection with Abt rear muffler (2-pipe), not for Golf V GTI - 408.84 $
1K0800103/3 - Abt rear skirt - for vehicles with standard rear muffler (not visible), not for Golf V GTI - 408.84 $

miatamat

Ready to race!
x-star said:
I don't want to be the hater hear but the red GTI and the white GTI are the ugliest things I have ever seen. ABT has always made great stuff. I was putting their stuff on my B5 before a lot of you were even fans of VW but those black striped hoods have got to go. IMO, that type of hood is for Honda's and Acura's. These are German made machines. Not silly looking Honda's that go to the street races and hang out in parking lots of Taco Bell.

I hope that that style never takes off on German autos. I have been seeing a lot more VW and Audi's around town with 15" rims and those stupid giant unpainted aluminum DTM style wings not to mention the carbon fiber hoods, black stripes, and rediculously loud exhaust. I know this might make a lot of people mad but I just hate seing a beautiful VW looking like a POS.

To each their own. If the German car fans had done the strips and pram handle thing first I am sure the "other" car fans would of thought it poor taste to do that to a Honda. If just think that if it looks good then great, doesn't matter if I've seen it on a Honda, that would just be prejudice.

miatamat

Ready to race!
Oh, and having said that I just think the black hood strip on ared car looks like poo but looks great on the white, but then again I liked the Candy White enough I bought one so I guess I might be a little prejediced to.