RedlineMotorworks

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 BMP GTI

JoeyDaBomb

Go Kart Champion

flowsome

ENT in the morning
i'm saving my pennies for an apr rsc...i had a 3" straight pipe with hks muffler on my integra and i wont ever deal with highway drone again. i have nightmares about it to this day

supertanch

Ready to race!

GodSquadMandrake

Radioactive Rotary Rocket
I'm running Eurojet 3" catless. It's not too loud, actually pretty quiet imo. I had just the catback to start with and it was barely louder than stock. The downpipe made a huge difference in power and sound.

If you have to get a cat, the metal cats have much better flow and they actually are more efficient but very expensive. The catless is my fav if you can get away with it. F the tree huggers, it's my car.

VeeDubsGTI

Ready to race!
I'm running Eurojet 3" catless. It's not too loud, actually pretty quiet imo. I had just the catback to start with and it was barely louder than stock. The downpipe made a huge difference in power and sound.

If you have to get a cat, the metal cats have much better flow and they actually are more efficient but very expensive. The catless is my fav if you can get away with it. F the tree huggers, it's my car.

Are you saying that cat systems are more efficient than catless systems? Just to confirm.

And yea I was thinking of going either Eurojet or GHL Turbo-backs. They seem good quality products. B&B and APR are awesome...but its $$!

And so the downpipe is what produced the most HP/TQ gains, am I correct? :thumbsup:

Myerz

Ready to race!
And so the downpipe is what produced the most HP/TQ gains, am I correct? :thumbsup:

The downpipe is what allows you to go stage 2.....so yes, that gives you additional power with the correct tune. The CB does not really do much for our cars other than change the sound/look.

ReflexMkV

mmmm Horse Pop
Hi there guys,

I heard alot about different brands of turbo back exhausts (APR, BillyBoat, Eurojet, etc.) But I was wondering what TBE system provide the most significant HP/TQ gains. All TBE are pretty good in terms of sound quality and all that, but gains are more important in my opinion. So what brand/kind of TBE are the best?

And just another question, should I go catless or with cat, resonated or non-resonated, etc...and what are the main differences between them?

Thanks in advance guys! Im really looking for advice as I want to purchase a TBE really soon! Cheers to Mk5 drivers! :thumbsup:

-Davis

The best one is the one you can buy from me for 755 shipped. :wink:

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124098

JSnover107

Ready to race!
Ghl my favorite, like the sound... and catless is some times cheaper then having a high flow cat

GodSquadMandrake

Radioactive Rotary Rocket
Are you saying that cat systems are more efficient than catless systems? Just to confirm.

And yea I was thinking of going either Eurojet or GHL Turbo-backs. They seem good quality products. B&B and APR are awesome...but its $$!

No I'm just saying a metal substrate cat is more efficient. They are like 200 cell, so really small but yet they function as good as a much larger traditional cat which is made with ceramics and other lower quality catalyst materials. So the metal ones provide more power, but still are legal in racing and on the street.

You won't see much of a power gain with just taking off the cats. The tune has to go with it. Stage 2 is for a catted downpipe, stage 2+ is for a catless downpipe but it also requires the high flow fuel pump. If you don't install the pump, you might get fuel cuts and the low fuel pressure code. The stage 2+ is def more powerful, but its not just because of the cat removal. Overall it's a small difference and most people wouldn't say it's worth the damage it does to the environment and the legal risks.

But I could just say that my car is a racing vehicle only and is never driven on public roads and therefore I'm not breaking any laws. Which is true in my mind.

VeeDubsGTI

Ready to race!
No I'm just saying a metal substrate cat is more efficient. They are like 200 cell, so really small but yet they function as good as a much larger traditional cat which is made with ceramics and other lower quality catalyst materials. So the metal ones provide more power, but still are legal in racing and on the street.

You won't see much of a power gain with just taking off the cats. The tune has to go with it. Stage 2 is for a catted downpipe, stage 2+ is for a catless downpipe but it also requires the high flow fuel pump. If you don't install the pump, you might get fuel cuts and the low fuel pressure code. The stage 2+ is def more powerful, but its not just because of the cat removal. Overall it's a small difference and most people wouldn't say it's worth the damage it does to the environment and the legal risks.

But I could just say that my car is a racing vehicle only and is never driven on public roads and therefore I'm not breaking any laws. Which is true in my mind.

Are you running a catless, non resonated system? Im just curious of how that might sound, although...I think I'd like to keep the resonator on any system I plan to buy. Drone makes me crazy, especially highway driving!

But yes, I definetly will go Stage 2+ in time! Would it be safe to run Stage 2 for a while, while running a catless system? And so from what you're saying...will a metal cat have more gains than catless?

Thanks again! :thumbsup: