GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Make sure to check your oil level frequently!

Gorg

Depends how much you drive. The upper acceptable limit is 1l/1000km. Mine does 0.1l/1000km and seems to leak some oil at the vacuum pump.

I do around 100 - 130 Mile by day and the out side temp around 104F

I notice there was leak from the vacuum cover so I sealed it with silicon (blue silicon) as gasket I feel like the boost is good now no more hesitation so I think it shouldn't drip oil

vwengineer

Ready to race!
I do around 100 - 130 Mile by day and the out side temp around 104F

I notice there was leak from the vacuum cover so I sealed it with silicon (blue silicon) as gasket I feel like the boost is good now no more hesitation so I think it shouldn't drip oil

Seems high but within what VW considers normal with regards to warranty. What kind of oil do you use? Maybe you could consider going to an higher viscosity which would reduce the consumption.

Oil consumption might come from a leak, from worn piston rings (did you check the compression?) or eventually from a defective turbo charger.

3carmonte

Gelbrain
Car(s)
2007 GTI DSG Coup
I noticed Mobil-One 5W-40 European Car Formula rated for Porsche/VW 502/505 in 5 quart jugs at Walmart today for $24.xx. I just changed my oil so I didn't pick one up but the Total Quartz 9000 I use cost me $6.00 a qt so this is a better deal.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Anyone use a Mityvac 7201 extractor? I was only able to get about 3 quarts out, not counting anything that might be in the filter housing. I definitely got the tube inserted as far as possible but just not sure if it was actually to the bottom. I was probably a quart low to begin with. So assuming 4.5 quart capacity I'm assuming I got most of it and this was sufficient.