GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf GTI 05" Finland build thread !

binskuu

Hello fellow mk5 fans! Im new to this forum and i thougt i woud start a thread right ahead!

So im a finnish girl who loves the mk5, i started my volkswagen lifestyle with a golf mk4, i made smal mods to it.

When i bought it:

And after:

but enough about the mk4, a year with the mk4 and i started dreaming of a mk5. After 2years i decided i got to have one.

After months of researching the internet and going to different dealerships in finland i just coudn't find a decent one. With low mileages, so i started researching about bringing a car from Germany to Finland.

And after a long process i ended up doing that,mostly because there where plenty of options and the one i ended up with is in great condition and cheaper than all the other mk5 gti's in finland.

So the car i ended up with was a golf mk5 gti, i have had the car for about 2.5-3
Months now, and i have no complains.

I have already done "minor" ;) changes to it, and a LOT more to come!
Please excuse my bad writing :)

How the car looked when i got it :

Pretty oem nothing really has been done, except the past owner had painted the oem gti wheels black. In my opinion if u have the same colour on the wheels as the car, it doesnt look too good in my eyes.

But i rolled with them 1 month before it was time to switch to winter tyres..

Winter mod:

Plasti dipped the wheels from aluminium grey to a matte white.

I first thought that i wont touch the car until winter has passed.. But how did it go.. Still in december we had +10 and i had so much inspiration.. So then this happend ;)

Tinted windows & colorchange !!!!! (Dipped)

Im so happy with the result, matte&pearl white!

Now we got like -15 degrees here so waiting for some warm wheater and then gonna remove the rear wiper, new exchaust, maybe cai? And of course some summer wheels&coilovers ;)

Thanks for reading and let me know what you think! And any tips,tricks & ideas are more than welcome!

Cheers! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ViLus

Car(s)
MKV 1.4TSI Variant
:thumbsup: Nice to see another Finnish MKV enthusiast on this forum!

Personally I don't prefer the matte vinyl wrapping but hey it's your car.

As for the mods heres a list for you:
Coilovers (bags would be nicer)
Wheels to fit the above
R32 tail lights or OEM LEDs
Intake
Turboback exhaust with racing cell
S3 intercooler
Chip tune

(I think I have a Neuspeed intake for a GTI laying around somewhere. I can check if you want.)

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
That's awesome! Not only that you imported the car you really wanted but the whole color change! I'm biased towards the white but it does look really good!

Please don't put bags on it, it's your car so do want you want but uggggg bags lol. Excited to see where you go with it and welcome to the forum!

binskuu

Thank you! [emoji4] no bags for this one, coilovers coming at some point after this cold winter [emoji4] also lookin to make a own intake so any tips tricks are more than welcome! R32 tail lights are coming at some point :) yes Vilus it woud be nice if you coud check. What might the price be. ?

binskuu

Greetings from finland (-30 degrees the other day [emoji16][emoji300]️) waiting for some warmer weather ! [emoji295]️[emoji295]️