GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just got an 08 GTI

Eric6014

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2 Door 2008 GTI DSG
Yay! Good news all. Came to the dealership early. Got to watch them change the DSG fluid and filter. (Good learning experience) then I asked, since everything was already off, if we could check the cam follower. It's good! Looks like it was replaced recently.

How's the DSG after the flush? Any noticeable difference?

Eric6014

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2 Door 2008 GTI DSG
It feels even smoother, and has less noticeable clutch engagement, a big difference in reverse

That's encouraging. Glad it worked out for you. I'm doing the same in a week or two. Wish me luck!

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
If you haven seen it done, I'd recommend asking to watch. It's interesting. Plus if you're ever in the position where you'd need to change it yourself... You at least have an idea of what to do

Boosty

Ready to race!
It feels even smoother, and has less noticeable clutch engagement, a big difference in reverse

I'm glad to hear this , recently bought my car a month ago and i was having the same slippage you were having
I worried it was a mechatronic unit but i took it to vw and the service guy told me ;

"Your transmission is fine . your actually driving a DSG which is a direct sh-"
Then i cut him off cause ive been wanting a mkv since they were released while i had my mkiv so in well aware of how the trans works
Anyway if the flush worked for you ill give it a try when i call vw for my stage 1 tune

Welcome

Eric6014

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2 Door 2008 GTI DSG
I'm glad to hear this , recently bought my car a month ago and i was having the same slippage you were having
I worried it was a mechatronic unit but i took it to vw and the service guy told me ;

"Your transmission is fine . your actually driving a DSG which is a direct sh-"
Then i cut him off cause ive been wanting a mkv since they were released while i had my mkiv so in well aware of how the trans works
Anyway if the flush worked for you ill give it a try when i call vw for my stage 1 tune

Welcome

Do you know whether you're still covered under warranty? I found out my DSG is covered 10yrs 100K, so I'm having the flush done. Just email VWoA and they will give you a list of everything that's still covered.

Boosty

Ready to race!
Do you know whether you're still covered under warranty? I found out my DSG is covered 10yrs 100K, so I'm having the flush done. Just email VWoA and they will give you a list of everything that's still covered.

When i bought the car i also bought the extended warranty , its bumper to bumper but when i asked the guy in service about the dsg fluid change he said "that's under maintenance so you warranty wont cover it " which is stupid to me so I'm not quite sure

CharlieMKV

Go Kart Champion
Its not slippage, its normal for DSG to roll back a bit as if its stick. try it on sport mode, i believe it doesn't roll back as much and clutch grips a lot faster.

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Mine was actual slippage, due to poor fluid quality as well as low fluid level, not allowing the clutch to engage first gear or reverse proper from a dead stop. But, once fluid was changed and filled for the proper level, all better!!

Audiopulse

Gotta Jibboo
Car(s)
GTI
Did you check in the trunk? Mine was in the tire iron.