GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

wtf is wrong with people?

1972vw

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'09 GTI
Thankfully, all the parking spots at my school are pretty big, because no one around here can get their car within the lines of a parking spot on their first attempt. So my car is generally out of harm's way. And everyone at school knows how anal I am about my car, they know not to screw it up...

Strmtrpr

Censored
No!! It is common courtesy not to damage other peoples property. If people are aware and even slightly bump the other car most time it will not leave a mark. It's the people that slam open their doors that leave a huge ding.

This happened to my friend while we were in the car! My friend opened his window has say,"Hey man! what the hell" The other guy just mugged him and walked away.

Boy that guy must have been mad after he came back to his car!

wait so he hit the car and robbed him? :rolleyes: :lol:

tdi-mk6

Diesel it is!
Car(s)
Golf TDI MK6
You know what i found that helps is get a handicap decal. I had knee surgery and the handicap spots are huge its not even possible to be door dinged lol

Yeah, that's very wise - and then take it over to the post office to make a photocopy for your second car so that the p.o. employer sees it, tells you that that's illegal, and then takes it away from you :lol: (happened to my father in law :) Next day mother in law got caught with f.i.l.'s handicap sticker, and also had to turn the real one in to the......volunteer cop :biggrin:

golf5racing

Interlagos boy
Car(s)
08 gti
i usually dont get dings but ill get a nice scratch..

at school, all the kids with subies, evos, cobolts, vw's.. we all park next to each other. mutual respect for each other.

same thing at work.. i get people telling me that they like to park next to me because they know i baby my car and dont let anybody near it. they know that i wont fuck their shit up either

Same here. When you show people respect, they respect you back (Sometimes).

super steve

Ready to race!
I got door dinged 1 week after getting my mk6 gti.
Parked beside a nice white BMW 135 at a mall parking lot thinking it would be safe (at the very end of the lot so no car can park on the driver side)
After returning, I found a nice ding with alittle bit of white paint.
how gay is that?
is that door defender thing real? thats so crazy! lol
anyone use it?

HereticByDefault

Go Kart Champion
I've only dinged a car once getting out of my friends mustang. Getting out of the back, tripped over the dangling seat belt, *SLAM* right into an early 2000's Altima. Managed to "buff" the mark out with my hoodie before the woman got to her car (which was about 45 seconds after it happened)

njfast07

Go Kart Champion
I've only dinged a car once getting out of my friends mustang. Getting out of the back, tripped over the dangling seat belt, *SLAM* right into an early 2000's Altima. Managed to "buff" the mark out with my hoodie before the woman got to her car (which was about 45 seconds after it happened)

Saliva + Polyester > Polish + Microfiber

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
And if you see a cyclist, open it really quickly.

I know you're not serious, but I've been 'doored' on a bike, and it's no fucking fun literally sliding down the street on your face. Luckily I was a beefy downhil bike, or I would have been toast. Especially since I don't wear a helmet on the road.

Door dings suck. Shopping cart dings suck hard.

DUSlider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
16' GTI SE/PP
Shopping cart dings suck hard.

This...

The dog ear part of my driver side front fender (Skinny part near the door) got dented in by a shopping cart. Put a knick in the door paint too. Had a paintless dent removal guy look at it and said he couldn't bend it back without cracking the paint. Pisses me off everytime I see it, but I don't feel like spending the several hundred dollars I'm sure it would cost to remove the dent and repaint/blend the fender...