GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

City Plowing VS your MKVs

Mike_1

sublime,civilized,insane
my streets still haven't been cleaned, took the sunfire and didn't really have a lot of problems.

VDÜb-MKV

Car(s)
09-CW MKV
You live in Markham now? I think the trucks were late this morning. Half of my commute I had to drive on unplowed roads and im glad im back to stock suspension on the Jetta.

I live in Markham too and it was too bad on the main roads... however, the 404 Southbound was another story. Lucky I took the 407 this morning at 5:30AM. :thumbup: On ramp was clear. But when I got on the 404... there wasn't a single on ramp southbound, that didn't have a line up of cars and towtrucks... I must of counted at least 10 tow trucks trying pull out dumb @sses. Didn't matter if it was Hwy 7, Steeles, Finch... it truly was amusing and maddening at the same time. Watched a Civic wedge himself, must have thought he was an SUV.:bellyroll:

Question:
If you see a 2 - 3 foot mountain of snow, slush and ice in front of you, left by your neighborhood slow plow driver... what do you do?
A) Gas?
B) More Gas...?
C) Stop park it and wait until it thaws?
D) Reverse and hope everyone else follows suit behind you?

Either way... you is f@cked.:iono:

ar_mike

=D
My Jetta on sportlines was scraping as well this morning =(. I went to the Timmies on Woodbine and Apple Creek around noon and Woodbine wasn't plowed yet. Feel bad for my car :(

Mariach

FIA F1 World Champ..to be
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI DSG
i did amazing with my stock height and snow tires on. I was loving ESP and FWD. A few hairy moments when i came home midday only to find that the snow plow guy made a 3 foot high wall going into my street. I managed to plow though it and come out the other side.
Think I am going to go back to closed fogs for the winter though... too much garbage hit my open grills today

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
todaay was a breeze. took a little longer to get going but I got there

you all need to man up.

they also plow the majors until they are all clean, then eventually get to the small streets hours later.

Joe Dwarf

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW R32
Whats Snow?
Why are you posting in the Canadian thread?

Snow removal sucks here in Saskatoon. Residential streets get the plow once a year, twice if they're lucky. Stock height on my R, no real problems. Plus I'm loving my snow tires right now. Combined with the AWD and ESP, I can hit the gas without thinking about it.

On the plus side, too cold for salt to work, so rust isn't an issue here. Dealers try to dump rust buckets from Ontario and Quebec here - my friend in the biz calls them "Easter bunnies".