GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Airbag fault

kubik2233

Car(s)
VW Golf Mk 5.
So basically my Golf has issues with drivers side wiring harness, because some of the cables are broken due to age probably (188 thousand km), resulting in the left mirror adjustment motor not working, left mirror blinker not working and the central lock not working on drivers side. While I was checking whether the wiring was damaged I accidentally disconnected it. This resulted in immediate airbag fault warning. I’m not gonna be able to get my car to a mechanic too soon, so I’ve looked on this forum. I checked the connections in different places just in case, disconnected the battery for 15 minutes and then touched the cables, but the light remains. Any advice on how to fix this for now?

vwengineer

Ready to race!
Sorry but there is no way to reset it without a diagnostic tool that allow you to reset airbag faults (VCDS, ODB11, VAS5051). Do not disconnect airbag wiring without disconnecting the battery.

kubik2233

Car(s)
VW Golf Mk 5.
I was at the mechanics (not in my car, friend was having her tyres changed for the winter ones) and turns out he’s willing to do it for free (friend of my father), so TY for the advice. Besides, I opened the door wiring harness and it turns out the ground cable was broken. Soldiered it and now everything works.