GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TDI SE Build Thread – Slow Paced, Pic Heavy

andy661166

Ready to race!
17 April 2012
Another small update. Went out to my cousins body shop and got these fitted. Only phone pics for now, hopefully get a few night ones later on. But these look properly sick!

Last edited:
Ok I can't find that guide that I used. Basically in any model except the GTI or R32 (I think!!!) you can just pull the light out, just like you would pop your dash strips out. So basically I just taped around the light so I wouldn't damage the paint and then used a removal tool to pop it out. Took a bit of force, but it was definitely not attached behind the spoiler. Good luck if you try to do this yourself! If I ever find the guide I'll put it up!

Thanks for the info! Good looking out! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

andy661166

Ready to race!
How much were those headlights? BTW very sick build, subbed.

Thanks! The UK FK website were having a sale so picked them up for £55! Absolute bargain! And then £20 to fit, and 4 Osram H7s at £26. So £101 got them on the car! Can't believe how good they look. Glad I didn't get black ones now! I'll try get more photos up tonight.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

andy661166

Ready to race!
im not sure about this....but are the lights purple/pink/red?!

The inside of the cluster is purple and green flip paint. So when I just have my main beam on you can see the purple mostly, even from a distance. If I have my full beam on it seems to make the inside of the light a bit pink, which is pretty cool, but noone would see that anyway.

andy661166

Ready to race!
Anyone have any thoughts on colour matching my 3 lower grilles on the front (both fog surrounds and centre)? I think it would tidy the car up abit more, more of a murdered look at the front as the standard ones lose their colour over time. Has anyone seen this done? Had a quick search and found nothing.
Edit: By colour matching I meant getting them sprayed gloss black.

andy661166

Ready to race!
27 April 2012
Ok, so got the car washed and also took all my stickers off, except the iloveass one. Just heated them a bit with a hairdryer, and then peeled away using my nails to start it off. Didn't take long, and then took off the excess adhesive with some GooGone and a microfibre towel, can't see any marks from them at all!

Before GooGone

After GooGone

These all went too...

Also took some more photos of the headlights. The lights are different with every angle. :D

And a few random shots...

Here's the interior with my new ashtray, and then my AUX exit.

ps. Camera really needs cleaned :mad0259:

kush

sv_gravity 0
looks great man, good call on getting the stickers removed :thumbsup:

clean build so far, usually not a fan of aftermarket headlights but for some reason i can dig this.

andy661166

Ready to race!
looks great man, good call on getting the stickers removed :thumbsup:

clean build so far, usually not a fan of aftermarket headlights but for some reason i can dig this.

Thanks! Stickers are becoming a bit childish, especially where I'm from. Bit of a noob mod these days.

I was really unsure about my lights before I got them fitted, I'd always wanted black GTI lights but got these cheap. Completely fallen in love with them! :D They stand out so much at night because of the purple, everyone stares :p