GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GLI/GTI Exhaust Thread

MAlby7

Oval Newbie
Does anyone know who sells any of the exhausts you see in all the pictures? The exhausts I've been looking at are Milltek and GHL but the look exactly like the stock exhausts (obviously better performing).

hipstomper

Go Kart Newbie
Dual pipes looks much better than the stock dual on one side look. Does going to a dual "split" exhaust like this one increase performance at all? Or is it mostly for looks and sound?

Attachments

• GOLF_V_RE_1_850_RGB.jpg
    GOLF_V_RE_1_850_RGB.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 4,308

MAlby7

Oval Newbie
I think for looks and sound mostly. The piping after the muffler (single or double) has very little affect on the performance of the exhaust system.

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
Good find Malby, that Milltek is the best exhaust yet. The quad exhausts on the back of the GTI makes it look like a little rocket (which it is) :) Have any pricing on that? I'm almost afraid to ask ;)

MAlby7

Oval Newbie
I checked the Miltek site and they had nothing and I wasn't going to give them a long distance call just yet. If I find any info out I'll be sure to post it.

kazyce

Ready to race!
Anyone with a previous generation Golf know if aftermarket exhausts for the Golf bolt-on easily or do you have to cut the stock exhaust and weld?

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
Not a fan of the dual exhausts in the center, reminds me too much of a Mini Cooper :) But the dual split exhausts are awesome.