GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

fixing up the inside

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Sorry I typed the wrong pin numbers in the previous post it should be T12q/6 which in power and T12q/5 which is a ground.

ASCI_Blue

Ballin'
that resulted in burned fingers. I'm reasonably sure that the 2 prongs on the LED didn't touch.

should have asked before, do I want the key in the ignition or on position or not?

I'll grab a battery for my meter tonight and report back with more tomorrow.

Last edited:

ASCI_Blue

Ballin'
It started raining here about an hour ago and projected to go overnight. I'll post an update tomorrow. It seems that I'm getting power to the headlight enclosure (based off my singed fingers and blown LED) from the car which means enclosure or the next thing in line.

ASCI_Blue

Ballin'
In looking for parts I've found there's an additional harness, what does this one attach to and can I remove it without removing the entire housing?

ASCI_Blue

Ballin'
The only question I have left is should I be getting a reading on my meter at the plug where the igniter gets plugged in? If the answer is yes, I'll double check tomorrow for it then have to figure if power goes to the ballast first or straight to the bulb.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Unfortunately I do not know what the wires are doing the are coming out from HID control module to igniter.

ASCI_Blue

Ballin'
My guess would be power, ground, and data to know when to turn on and off (e-brake, switch). I suppose I could pop the ignitor off the driver side and see if I can get a reading there.