GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MFD2 CD firmware

macad

apple pixel pusher
Hi all, can any one tell me what the most up to date firmware is on a factory installed MFD2 CD sat nav, the details say something about 0525 but my unit can't search by postcode so I assume there is another firmware update available.

TIA, paul

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
I had my CD based SatNav system replaced under warranty not so long ago.

Here is all the data displayed on the unit. I have no idea what it all means.

VW - No. 1T0035194D.

MCM V05.15R / 20050208.

SH V05.15 / 20050208.

RP V05.09 / 20050131.

EEPR V05.09 / 20050131.

FPR V05.09 / 20050131.

HW-HU E3 / 0525.

SW - Navi 390.23 / 967.07 / NO ROM.

HW - Navi 1002 / 36416 / 0000.

macad

apple pixel pusher
VW - No. 1T0035194DX

MCM V05.15R / 20050208.

SH V05.15 / 20050208.

RP V05.09 / 20050131.

EEPR V05.09 / 20050131.

FPR V05.09 / 20050131.

HW-HU E3 / 0525.

SW - Navi 390.23 / 967.07 / NO ROM.

HW - Navi 1002 / 36416 / 0000.

That's pretty much the same as mine, except for the part number, as far as I can work out the firmware is from the date 02/08/2005 - not sure whether it's Euro of US date format though.

To update the firmware you burn an ISO and insert it, it then clears the flash memory and asks you to update it, the file that I found on this forum called 11.5.zip which looked like it was from 2004 - obviously it was older than the firmware I now have.

MarcsGTI

Welcome to the game
Car(s)
GTI
Can I ask why not just buy a new Pioneer deck? Install that...

Or is it to go for the whole - 'standard' look?

macad

apple pixel pusher
Because you'll lose the functionality of the MFD and for me possibly bluetooth though the steering wheel.

Out of interest what Pioneer deck would you suggest.

macad

apple pixel pusher
Fair enough.
Though the lean from the steering wheel to a button on the deck woouldnt be far?

I think I would want more functionality rather than less - answering, muting and controlling the phone volume via the steering wheel is what you really want.

Think I would go the RNS 510 rather than any third party, especially as they're not particularly cheap.

clutrz

Passed Driver's Ed
I installed a Pioneer Avic F900 into my GTI. I also fitted a connects2 steering wheel adaptor which allows me to control the pioneer through the steering wheel. I've got fast forward/rewind, next/previous track, ATT, source select, volume etc.

The most up to date maps are awesome with lane guidance and Suna Traffic management. the Ipod interface is fantastic also. The unit can play dvds and divx and can take SD cards.

The only niggling issue I have is that because the unit has built in bluetooth, I can't use the bluetooth that was factory installed in the car as the unit has no external connectors for 3rd party phone systems. I also can't use the phone button on the steering wheel to answer calls.

There is a new series Pioneer deck out now which has a new 3D accelerated interface and all round better performance than my deck which is now a couple of years old, however it's RRP is $2999 I think which is a bit steep for me.

I picked my unit up for $1700 when new. I think the current model equal to mine is the F90BT.

macad

apple pixel pusher
Good that you can use the steering wheel buttons, I think the lack of the phone button would put me off though. I don't see why you would opt for the Pioneer unit when the OEM RNS 510 is a similar price? But maybe I just like OEM stuff and like the completely stealth look.

V1ffer

MFD2 CD dx Nexus firmware

Hi

Sorry to necro this old thread, but I'm really anxious to get hold of the firmware update for the cd version of the mfd2 .

Does anyone still have it please ?
I'm currently on version 0417, I'm sure that the latest version is at least 5. :drool:

Yes, I know I could buy a new satnav for a lot of money, but I'm really happy with my old old mfd2, it just won't play the new maps without the firmware.

#note mine is the cd version, not the dvd version#