GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Where to buy a golf r engine

obdboost

Ready to race!
Been trying to find a mk6 golf r engine. Can't seem to find one any where, all the website show it discontinue. Anybody know where to get one and what is include, if you buy one new from the dealer?

obdboost

Ready to race!
That what I'm trying to figure out. Was also thinking just buying a build short block. Dunno what to do, never rebuild a motor for performance. The thing that bothers me about the rebuild is the balance shaft assembly is still old.

obdboost

Ready to race!
Can you point me in the right direction, so I can research. I have no clue if the fsi head or anything bolts up. I'm all for no balance shafts

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion
Head bolts right up. Only difference on the block is that it can already use the 1.8t oil pump without having to modify a 2.0t block

obdboost

Ready to race!
So pretty much I can go get a 1.8t block and my head and all other parts will bolt on. After resersch seems like guys used the awp engine code. Is that the route you went, is it in your build thread?

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion
So pretty much I can go get a 1.8t block and my head and all other parts will bolt on. After resersch seems like guys used the awp engine code. Is that the route you went, is it in your build thread?

No, I didn't go that route but if I had to do it again, it's what I would do.