GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mad props to APR!!

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
I have been stage 1 for a little over a year now and could not be happier! There stage 1 tune with nothing more than a Rev D DV has been the best money I have spent on the car. Yesterday I installed my APR downpipe and went stage 2 on my tune. HOLY COW!! Not as big of a difference from stock to stage 1 but the power band is so much nicer and car pulls a lot smoother and stronger. Even with the stock catback the sound the APR downpipe produces is addictive to say the least. Found myself doing 50- 85mph pulls on the highway just to hear it rip. Could not be happier with the company and there products. No doubt GIAC, Unitronic and countless others are good but for someone looking to make your daily driver a real 1 2 knock out :fighting0030:t APR has done me right! Will be going with there catback once more money comes in and their HPFP along with 2+ tune. Just had to put this out there and give respect to one hell of a company!

Side note to those looking to get tuned with high miles. I just ticked over 115,000 miles and aside from keeping up on the cam follower have been problem free.

Also, shout out to GRD (Genisis Racing Development) in Villa Park IL for doing fantastic work and standing by not only the work they do, but APR's products. Any one in the Chicago land area should really look into them for their tuning needs. Tell them Carson sent you.

dddrew.

blah.
Have fun with stage 2 because soon you'll be paying the price. You're at stage 2 (1st problem) and you have high mileage (2nd problem) which means you're in for a real treat when the clutch goes. Bye bye money and comfortability of driving with the stock clutch.

tampa_mk5

zungguzungguguzungguzeng
Car(s)
Have fun with stage 2 because soon you'll be paying the price for a K04 or Stage 3. You're at stage 2 (awesome :thumbsup:) and you have high mileage (so eventually you will need a turbo anyway) which means you're in for a real treat when the time comes and you want even more horsepower. Bye bye money but that is what modding is all about- falling in love with your car over and over again.

FTFY- no need to shit on bro's good time bro :thumbsup:

Renagade

I am the Evil Bastard!!
^^ Agreed

I never had stage 2... but if you are considering 2+ later on.... Its awesome. Just be sure to change the cam follower every 10K or so. I have just made it part of my services. Enjoy, and congrats!

dddrew.

blah.
Haha i edited my post earlier and must have got rid of the "not trying to hate" part. Just trying to give the man some awareness! Like i said, you'll definitely enjoy it for a while though!

Savir04

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07'/CW/6MT/FSI
Im revo stg 2...blew turbo @ 59k....my whhole charge system is fuked...lol im in the process of rebuilding my intire charge system and installing a used k03....im just saying...im running agresive ass settings thou...you should be fine as long as your smart with the boost...dont go wot if its super hot outside....dont go wot under 3500 rpms....dont go wot and let off right away....i spike at 25 psi according to vag com...not good...id say 20 psi is a good spike...and id say thats pushing it...anything over and bye goes the turbo shaft...my bpy engine is a trooper thou...shes holding up strong....with my new k03 build i plan on running 19 20 psi max and focusing on timing....i learned my lesson..congrats bro, enjoy stg 2...just make sure you keep ur turbo happy...and keep an eye on that cam follower...i change mine evry 10k and advise anyone else to do the same

Car(s)
Subaru
Im revo stg 2...blew turbo @ 59k....my whhole charge system is fuked...lol im in the process of rebuilding my intire charge system and installing a used k03....im just saying...im running agresive ass settings thou...you should be fine as long as your smart with the boost...dont go wot if its super hot outside....dont go wot under 3500 rpms....dont go wot and let off right away....i spike at 25 psi according to vag com...not good...id say 20 psi is a good spike...and id say thats pushing it...anything over and bye goes the turbo shaft...my bpy engine is a trooper thou...shes holding up strong....with my new k03 build i plan on running 19 20 psi max and focusing on timing....i learned my lesson..congrats bro, enjoy stg 2...just make sure you keep ur turbo happy...and keep an eye on that cam follower...i change mine evry 10k and advise anyone else to do the same

good luck with the new turbo. i worry about mine all the time. im only at 40k, but im hard on it

Savir04

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07'/CW/6MT/FSI
thnx...yea idk, my budy has my car one year older..rev stg 2...61k...his k03 runs nice...no prob at all....another thing is, they dont just blow, they'll start to whine here and there...then they'll whine all the time...and now you have a problem...honeslty i asked for it thou...i dont think you should be woried unless you really ask for it.

Savir04

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07'/CW/6MT/FSI
OP, have you done timing belt?

TSiUG

sleeper...
Have fun with stage 2 because soon you'll be paying the price. You're at stage 2 (1st problem) and you have high mileage (2nd problem) which means you're in for a real treat when the clutch goes. Bye bye money and comfortability of driving with the stock clutch.

.....ok.....

GTIRaider

Go Kart Champion

Sorry to say but that just sounds like a fluke or shit happens man. I have over 60k on a stage 2+ Revo and no issues. Sure you can make life hard for your turbo but I really don't read a ton of post of blown k03; there is a few but not many.

You still have good advise on how to drive and it's basically don't drive like an ass 100% of the time.

MKV727

Go Kart Champion
Sorry to say but that just sounds like a fluke or shit happens man. I have over 60k on a stage 2+ Revo and no issues. Sure you can make life hard for your turbo but I really don't read a ton of post of blown k03; there is a few but not many.

You still have good advise on how to drive and it's basically don't drive like an ass 100% of the time.

With the SPS+ option Revo offers and an improperly set up Forge WGA K03's become a ticking time bomb.

Revo has destroyed a few by allowing users to adjust the set ups to crazy EGT's and compressor speeds.

Car(s)
2008 GTI
I went stock to stage 2 after owning the car for 3 months. Then because of fuel cuts found out stage 2 is a laugh and went to the very very sweet place known as stage 2+. If you have plans outside of K03 then stage 2+ is the sweet spot.

I specifically chose APR because they were the most conservative tune in my opinion. This is my DD and I need it for A-B situations.

CW08DSG

I don't care.
Car(s)
08 GTI 2dr DSG
I went stock to stage 2 after owning the car for 3 months. Then because of fuel cuts found out stage 2 is a laugh and went to the very very sweet place known as stage 2+. If you have plans outside of K03 then stage 2+ is the sweet spot.

I specifically chose APR because they were the most conservative tune in my opinion. This is my DD and I need it for A-B situations.

My experience also. I put up with cuts while on stage 2, but finally bit the bullet and got the hpfp to go to 2+. Hadn't I done that, I would have had it reflashed back to stage 1 and been happier with the powerband.