GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Straight piped mk5 gti

EB1925

Hello guys i'm new to mods and need help. I'm about to buy a 2009 mk5 gti that has coil over springs, blow off valve, down pipe, straight pipe, cat back & exhaust. Now I don't want that straight pipe to give me an oil leak so is there something I could do to not worry about this or do I simply need an exhaust system to be in the safe side? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

EB1925

I'm lost.... why would a straight pipe exhaust cause an oil leak?

I've seen someone mentioning this in a comment and felt that straight pipes has nothing to do with this but just wanted to make sure. Read that sometimes they increase a couple of hp & sometimes not but do they have any harm on do the car?

Last edited:

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
I've seen someone mentioning this in a comment and felt that straight pipes has nothing to do with this but just wanted to make sure. Read that sometimes they increase a couple of hp & sometimes not but do they have any harm on do the car?

It's just an exhaust pipe, has zero effect on anything oil related or anything that would cause an issue (other than tune related). They only really increase power with a tune, which if you have a 3" downpipe you should absolutely go stage 2.

EB1925

It's just an exhaust pipe, has zero effect on anything oil related or anything that would cause an issue (other than tune related). They only really increase power with a tune, which if you have a 3" downpipe you should absolutely go stage 2.

Thanks you made me comfortable now. And yeah guess i'll add an intake then get a stage 2.

EB1925

One more question, is it okay to switch to the ac climate control thing?

Last edited:

EB1925