GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine wiring harness

DeWet

Ready to race!
Can anyone please tell me what connects on these 3 wires without a connector to the far right........ so I can add a proper connector? ( the purple, black and red wires)

Im busy with the final checks to do engine conversion to add turbo from 2008 golf gti BWA engine to my NA 2.0 FSI golf.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Pretty sure those are all located under the intake manifold and near the oil filter housing. There's sensors along the under side of the manifold connecting to various bits and the configuration is looking similar to those(vid linked showing disconnection of them, I mean "hopefully them"). I have been watching diy vids learning of an upcoming 'oil filter housing assembly' seal replacement I need to do and there is a bit of harness that needs disconnecting in about that many connections.

Here's a pic; https://cdn4.pelicanparts.com/techa...ing_Sensor_Replacement/images_large/pic02.jpg

...and here's a diy vid you may need to pause in order to see where he disconnects everything from; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qip4_UYldrQ

There are three(I believe) parts of this vid so if you miss the harness connections when he disconnects them...perhaps he shows it better during reassembly.

DeWet

Ready to race!
Pretty sure those are all located under the intake manifold and near the oil filter housing. There's sensors along the under side of the manifold connecting to various bits and the configuration is looking similar to those(vid linked showing disconnection of them, I mean "hopefully them"). I have been watching diy vids learning of an upcoming 'oil filter housing assembly' seal replacement I need to do and there is a bit of harness that needs disconnecting in about that many connections.

Here's a pic; https://cdn4.pelicanparts.com/techa...ing_Sensor_Replacement/images_large/pic02.jpg

...and here's a diy vid you may need to pause in order to see where he disconnects everything from; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qip4_UYldrQ

There are three(I believe) parts of this vid so if you miss the harness connections when he disconnects them...perhaps he shows it better during reassembly.
Cool thanks. Anyone perhaps know the pin assignments on the connector or can someone maybe take a pic for me off their connector so I can see which wire goes to which pin?

DeWet

Ready to race!
Pin 1: red
Pin 2: purple
Pin 3: black
Eurocars can you or anyone else perhaps help with another problem?
Looking at all the connectors I have, it just covers the engine bits. There is another engine bay wiring harness that my 2.0 fsi BLX already has.

The problem is my current engine doesn't seem to have a MAF connector the same as the gti?

Trying to find out if I will have to replace the whole engine bay wiring harness or make another plan.

Im the images you can see mine(I think 2 pin) in 2 images and then the gti MAF connection(5 pin) in the other

DeWet

Ready to race!
Does the BLX have a MAF sensor or just the 2 pin temp sensor? If it doesnt have another 3 pin (or 5 pin when combining MAF/temp sensor) then you will need to swap the harness
I tried to have another look to see if I can find another sensor but only managed to find these 2. From google it seems to be 2 MAP sensors which doesnt make sense.
1 is on the inlet manifold and the other on smaller tubes comming from the air box and then splitting off

DeWet

Ready to race!
Does the BLX have a MAF sensor or just the 2 pin temp sensor? If it doesnt have another 3 pin (or 5 pin when combining MAF/temp sensor) then you will need to swap the harness
After going through the whole piece of wiring harness I have to match up connectors to sensors, injectors, etc I found this 5 pin connector that doesnt seem to have a place.

I thought it might be the MAF but then realised after looking at some pelican parts images its not.

Know where this is supposed to be connected?

Last edited:

DeWet

Ready to race!
Im down to the last connnector to solve befor changing my engine 9 July.

I just paid gold money for the MAF connector from VW.....1k0971337 which costed me $140 AUD :(

Anyways........thus connector comes with the 3 wires on pin 1 -3 but the colours in order from pin 1 are ws/ge, gn/ge, sw

Looking at the vw diagrams they all show 4 wires with none matching these colours

Further to this when I look at pics online the mk5 gti has colours ge(cant see another colourwith it), br(I think with grey), sw/bl

Looking at a partial photo of an ex colleague's gti her golf had sw/ws on pin 3 and br on pin 2

Can anyone maybe help me figure this out so I can get the 3 wires connected to the correct locations on ECU etc?MAF.jpeg

DeWet

Ready to race!
Ok here is the connector from my ex colleagues car with wire colours.

Can anyone help with the the pin assignments and to which pin the wire goes to on the ecu?