GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: 2007 GTI MKV BLKSUNSHINE

BLKSUNSHINE

Banned
Car(s)
BAGGED MKV GTI
Sorry to hear about your father. I hope you love the new car.

Thank you for the kind words.. it's a different experience with the Porsche.. a lot a lot of research since there are not a lot of parts for this particular model yet.

GTIIII

WATRUDOIN
Thank you for the kind words.. it's a different experience with the Porsche.. a lot a lot of research since there are not a lot of parts for this particular model yet.

Not a problem bud. And i bet, hope it turns out just as good as the mkv.

BLKSUNSHINE

Banned
Car(s)
BAGGED MKV GTI
It's been awhile.. But I guess that happens when you start a new Air Ride company here in New York

Here is our next project...

This is a sentimental one for me personally because this is dedicated to my father who passed away from pancreatic cancer. The car was something we had planned to purchase and work on together before he got too sick, but unfortunately he lost his battle way too soon and I've devoted myself to completing this build the way we intended it to be built. There is no timeline.... I purchase parts, modify items, work with who I can and when I can to check off all the items we both listed on the to do list that we set out to do.

Car was ordered on October 1st, 2013.

Unfortunately, I lost my father the end of this month.

December 21st, 2014 car arrived and drove to Schneider & Neslon Porsche in Long Branch to take ownership.

After becoming a dealer for Airlift Performance and Accuair amongst other things.. I was lucky to setup an Account with Rotiform as a dealer and we got into talking about the project and a custom set of LHR's was in the works!

Rotiform did an amazing job, I'm so thankful they spent a ton of time making sure that every detail was spent making them to spec!

After the wheels, I know I needed to take care of some of the performance aspects on the list.

Fabspeed Headers:

IPD Throttle Body and Plenum:

BORLA EXHAUST:

SOUNDCLIP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMQYplSYDSE

There was really nothing available for the 981 platform... I made a lot of calls to source interest in getting a custom front and rear bag setup (AT THIS TIME) no one wanted to pursue making a one off set for my vehicle, so I was able to get the very first set of "sample" Bilstein PSS10's for this specific platform thanks to FVD Brombacher and Lynmor Motorsports. They were extremely helpful and went the extra mile to get me a setup that I could be happy with until I spent some time sourcing a company to produce a set of struts for the vehicle.

Next step was pretty difficult.. Sourcing the Rear Techart Race II rear wing! It took me over 3 months and the budget was difficult considering I just started a new company. I literally ate tuna fish for at least a month straight just to get her and it was worth every damn can of bumblebee!

Here is a shot of the 981 with TechArt Rear Spoiler and Bilstein PSS10's installed (Pre-Rotiforms):

At this point, I'm extremely happy with what work has been done, the car has less than 300 miles on her and it's starting to take form and then I had to order some tires for the Rotiforms that would arrive any day!

Ordered some Nitto Invo's from Discount Tire Direct.

I decided that the car and wheels were special enough that ordinary lug bolts wouldn't do.. So I turned to Tikore..."Who I'm now a dealer for" and ordered a custom set of Titanium Lugbolts, the quality is second to none. If your serious about your wheel game! (http://www.tikore.com)

The Day Arrived that I was patiently waiting for.. ROTIFORMS delivered! Within a few hours, they were mounted.. balanced and below is how she currently sits!

Now... It took some time, and with some patience I was able to contact a company from Austria to make me a custom set of front and rear struts for the 981 and they will be ordered in the next week or so, after I get back from representing my company at Waterfest 20.

We will be proudly supporting Airlift Performance as far as our management is concerned! They have been there for us since I started the new company and will remain loyal to those who support us!

I just wanted to share and thank the community for always inspiring to do bigger and better things.. I've learned a lot, and have met a lot of great members and will continue to update when I can here on the forums.

I just appreciate the support and look forward to seeing everyone this show season.

Best Regards,

Kevin

eazyd91

"vivir es morir"
Car(s)
2009 vw gti mkv
Hello Kevin
I am very interested in your car, I've been searching for a gti to replace my mkv that I sold a few years back.
I'll be texting you tomorrow to get together on me buying your car