GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

dustinwark| BUILD THREAD

dustinwark

Miesian
Car(s)
'07 VW GTI
[UPDATE]

Tank is pretty much done, might give it a good wet sand and polish. Not terrible for a rattlecan job in my garage. It will work until I get it powder coated sometime in the future. Next I think will be building a frame for the trunk setup. I have decided to do the install the last weekend in April so that is when the big update will be. Until then it will be smaller updates getting everything ready.

steveo17

Frankenbuilt
Car(s)
2006 CW GTI
that question has been answered already on this page

looks like the car is going to be awesome dustin! i'm looking forward to seeing it on the ground.

i'm doing the same thing myself now. switching from konis to bags.

you doing all the work yourself?

dustinwark

Miesian
Car(s)
'07 VW GTI
looks like the car is going to be awesome dustin! i'm looking forward to seeing it on the ground.

i'm doing the same thing myself now. switching from konis to bags.

you doing all the work yourself?

Thanks! I am throwing a party at my house the weekend I am planning to have it done, so a bunch of friends are coming over for free pizza and beer and we will all (hopefully) get it done.

steveo17

Frankenbuilt
Car(s)
2006 CW GTI
Thanks! I am throwing a party at my house the weekend I am planning to have it done, so a bunch of friends are coming over for free pizza and beer and we will all (hopefully) get it done.

awesome! can't wait to see the results!

dustinwark

Miesian
Car(s)
'07 VW GTI
[UPDATE]

The install went down a few days ago and went without any major issues (unless you count cutting the front sway bar out with a plasma cutter). I absolutely could not have done this install without my amazing friends (in person helping with the install and online helping with questions). I can't thank them enough! I also want to give another shout out to Kevin at underwrapsautomotive.com for all the help and support. I recommend anyone who is looking to go air to check out his website.

I didn't take too many pictures during the install, but there is still stuff to do, so I will have more later. At this point the elevel sensors still need to be mounted, trunk needs to be organized a little more, alignment, fender work, and most importantly the frame needs notching.

I am absolutely loving the setup so far, ride smoother than the Koni coilovers I had before, I have gone into a few areas previously inaccessible to me, and seeing the call on the ground brings me great amounts of joy.

Wtfcircus

#hipster
[UPDATE]

The install went down a few days ago and went without any major issues (unless you count cutting the front sway bar out with a plasma cutter). I absolutely could not have done this install without my amazing friends (in person helping with the install and online helping with questions). I can't thank them enough! I also want to give another shout out to Kevin at underwrapsautomotive.com for all the help and support. I recommend anyone who is looking to go air to check out his website.

I didn't take too many pictures during the install, but there is still stuff to do, so I will have more later. At this point the elevel sensors still need to be mounted, trunk needs to be organized a little more, alignment, fender work, and most importantly the frame needs notching.

I am absolutely loving the setup so far, ride smoother than the Koni coilovers I had before, I have gone into a few areas previously inaccessible to me, and seeing the call on the ground brings me great amounts of joy.

Awesome work! I had my friends help me as well as we finished the notch and air install in two days and over a few weekends my dad and I fabbed a trunk setup. Well worth it and like you said I can go anywhere now and not be afraid of destroying my car. Car looks great as always!