1966, 2010?
Car(s)
1991 VW GTi
gotta love hicks.

Zanxrex

New, yet old
Car(s)
2006 MK5 GTI
Oh wow, did a little searching. The SXT with 3.5L V6 does 0-60 in 9.3 seconds. The 2010 Toyota Prius ... 9.8 seconds :lol: Looks like a real speed demon there.

With or without the gas pedal stuck?

sbghms

Crubs fents brushes
Car(s)
09 CW rabbit
not gonna lie-I get really angry at people who nothing about cars (but only when they talk about them, I'm not a psychotic freak).

Me too. Although I'd call the R8 a pretty "non car guys" car too. Basically what they see on tv or the internet and it looks futuristic or whatever.

What bugs me is the evo/sti kids I hear that know nothing about them beyond what they've seen Ken Block do. Also the people who hate on all hondas, clean or not. In general people that can't appreciate any type of car even if it's well done.

Last edited:

TornadoFast09

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MkV GTI
not gonna lie-I get really angry at people who nothing about cars (but only when they talk about them, I'm not a psychotic freak).

True story: in class today these kids sitting next to me started talking about "cool" cars, and one of them said how cool the R8 is. I'm thinking, yea, I can agree with him, until he says "but the R10 is even cooler". I go "ummm, that's a race car." He goes "oh, I know, it's probably not street legal here, but I'm pretty sure it's street legal in Europe". I say "no, I really mean it's a race car, like, normal people don't drive it." He then goes "Wait, I think I'm thinking of the R12, it has a V12". I just facepalmed there.

Then, of course, the convo has to switch to every non-car guy's favorite car.

"But forgetting that, we know where it's at-Bugatti Veyron." I say "yea, it's cool and all, but it's just a car of excess to me and doesn't seem like a true sports car."

He goes "EXCESS! aren't all sports cars cars of excess?! of money, power?" I say "that's not my point, I mean it's too overweight, too overwrought, I much prefer something like the McLaren F1 (which goes over his head)". it all went down hill from there, them saying how cool the x car is which doesn't exist, me saying how cool Alfa 8c is, which they don't know exists, etc. I gave up trying to talk to my peers about cars when my friend swore that he could give my GTI a run in his 01 or something civic with intake, if he also had an exhaust, because it would then "breathe" better than my GTI, which already has "breathing" problems since it has a turbo.

STORY OF MY LIFE

GTI.

E
Car(s)
07 GTI
My niece and her boy friend are visiting from Wisconsin so I went over to my brothers house to visit with them. Everyone seemed to really dislike my car. My niece's boy friend said it's just like a VW Beetle. I just said, "You don't know anything about cars, do you?" He didn't even answer me but his expression told me he agreed with me. I just don't see the resemblance.

And a pic of my car.

To top it off they're renting a 6 cylinder Charger. My niece said It's way better than my car. I absolutely smoked him on the freeway.

I really don't care that they don't like it but their ignorance kind of got on my nerve.

PaulBobTX

Throw a kit on that bitch
My niece and her boy friend are visiting from Wisconsin so I went over to my brothers house to visit with them. Everyone seemed to really dislike my car. My niece's boy friend said it's just like a VW Beetle. I just said, "You don't know anything about cars, do you?" He didn't even answer me but his expression told me he agreed with me. I just don't see the resemblance.

GTIs are fairly popular here in south/southeast Wisconsin. Seems to me that they are most popular on the east coast, somewhat popular in the west and midwest, and not very popular at all in the south where I moved from. The really funny thing to me about this story is that they like big, rear drive cars, which don't seem popular here because they don't go in the snow. In fact, BMW here stands for "Barely Moves in Winter". Great cars if you get the "iX" version...

And the Beetle is a great car! Nothing wrong with it except that it's on an older platform. I'm guessing that the new one that will be coming out sometime soon on the Golf MKVI platform.

LBVdubin

Baggin aint easy
Although those people sound like complete morons, you can't really say its their fault. VW has branded themselves as the "Beetle" and most people see that as what all of VW is.

JamDawg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
09 GTI 4 DOOR
My neighbor said my car was cute. I hope I see his ass on the highway after I go stage dos. He has a 08 maxima pad so I need the flash sadly.

Der Gladiator

Ready to race!
:D :D :D
Google picture could help him too.

In the same range of thing: "the toyota prius looks like the dodge viper" or "the ferrari enzo has almost the same design than the Bentley Arnage" or "The one who designed the 68 Corvette got inspired by a lobster".

:D :D :D

Last edited: