GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Average City MPG What are you seeing?

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
i get 20.0 in the city and thats with me punching it up to 8 over the limit then putting it in 6th [yes 6th, its nice to have dsg] btw im always in manual mode, if that makes a difference. i average about 300 or so a tank, and thats with minimal freeway driving

FIJIParisi

GO FINS!
Car(s)
'07 BMP GTI 6MT
the thing that pisses me off about mine is if i drive it hard... like 5k all over the place... i get like 17 mpg... but if i try to drive like a granny and never let it get over 3500 (usually not over 2500) im getting like 19... maybe 20... which sounds like a lot.. but 14 gallons x 20 is 280 to a tank... not very good in my opinion...

Maximum6

FASTER
you need to learn how to throttle control.

Driving slow you can still consume as much gas as you are driving fast.

You need to learn how much throttle you need to input to get to the speed you want as quickly as possible and then let off and hold it.

Maximum6

FASTER
Its not bull crap, I drive with such fuel economy that i got my Fuel meter on the computer to go to 440miles on 1 tank.

I have a pic, but I don't know how to upload it from my camera phone.

Maximum6

FASTER
believe what you want, i'm just telling you what i read from the computer while I'm driving.

I'm not one to rev the engine every time I go to the grocery store like most of you guys.:burnrubber:

He15man

Ready to race!
Car(s)
06 Tornado Red GTI
Depends where i drive really, when im driving to school im averaging anywhere from 27-29 mpg in the city.

When i drive locally and to work i get 23 MPG.

My last fill up i got 23 MPG city, based on miles driven divided by gallons of fuel used.

Szczur33

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
usually i get 7 when i drive to school. it is literally stop and go. when i drive later at night (around 10) i hit about 23 which is nice to see when that morning your average for that trip was 6.7

ssunnylee24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 CW DSG GTI
I just started a new Fulley file on http://www.fuelly.com.
All you guys should do this and see what kind of #'s you are getting.

I haven't got +320 miles per tank yet and I saw many people saying that they have gotten 350 miles per tank almost every time.