GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I wrecked... need sympathy, then advice. (Pics!!!)

ufcebuano

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry to hear man. I think at this time you might be hard-pressed to find a new UG MKV but you never know, there might still be dealers that have them brand new. In my opinion, I think you should consider the MKVI. They look really sharp and refined in person. I personally wish I waited a bit longer and got the MKVI.

Look on the bright side and take this as an opportunity to explore other options. I'm not sure if you are interested at looking at an Audi or a BMW. Good luck with your decisions.

LBVdubin

Baggin aint easy
Its not totaled, parts are not that expensive for the MKV at dealer cost. I was in a similar situation, thought the damage was $7k+ turned out to be a little over $3k. Regardless, GL

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
soooo, go after the city for that being properly marked.

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
make THEM buy you a new car. Fuck that shit

NoCaution

SofaKingEuro.com
Car(s)
Mk8 GTI - MoonMan
soooo, go after the city for that being properly marked.

God, I would love to do just that. Only problem is that I don't have the time or money to do it on my own, and the liability adjuster from my insurance company has already said that there's no precedent and no case. At best it would be partial liability and even that's a ridiculous long shot.

What really pisses me off more, is that the cops and the paramedics insisted that because the airbag went off that I had to take the ambulance to the hospital. If I hadn't just crashed my car and had been thinking a little more clearly, I would have told them to piss off. Instead, I complied and ended up getting a bill for over a thousand bucks in the mail for a mile and a half ride that I didn't really want and definitely didn't need. In the future, I'll walk.

kyle

Go Kart Champion
Wow...nasty. Glad you're okay. I have seen the MkVI's and sat in a few of them...haven't driven one yet. I really like the interior and that's it. I just think that the MkV is a classic design esp with the distinct front end. I'm just not a fan of the lines and angles on the MkVI...The front end is boring and the rear end looks too much like the Touareg for my liking.

NoCaution

SofaKingEuro.com
Car(s)
Mk8 GTI - MoonMan
Well, I just heard that it is being deemed a "total loss". So now all I have to do is negotiate the replacement value, which they think is about 17k, and think is closer to 19k.

But f*** it, I'm off to test drive a new 2010 MKVI!!!
:headbang:
Any suggestions???

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
Wow, congrats! I'm amazed at how willing insurance companies down your way are to write cars off. The would've fixed it up here for sure, but you definitely got the better end of the deal!

Happy car shopping, and enjoy your MkVI!

fusiongt

Ready to race!
make THEM buy you a new car. Fuck that shit

Yea right after they drop you from the insurance.

You know insurance companies are a business and if they aren't profiting from you then you're out. I heard of stories where a woman had the worst luck, ended up totaling her car 3 times in a year and each time got money for a new car (not sure if it was her fault but I'm sure at least once or twice it wasn't). Well after the 3rd car, no insurance company would take her. There's just no money in it for them on their side.

NoCaution

SofaKingEuro.com
Car(s)
Mk8 GTI - MoonMan
Well, after I got the final number from my insurance comp., I went out and bought a new car. I signed the papers on the 31st in order to secure the financing deal, and my new MKVI arrived yesterday (they had to get it from out of state since there were NONE here). I didn't get the best deal ever, but I'm happy with what I got under the circumstances.

My new ride:
2010 MKVI GTI
3-door
Manual Trans.
United Grey
Jacky cloth int.
Sunroof
18'' Detroit's
Dynaudio
Xenon's
Monster Mats (inc. trunk liner)
(added bonus - NO RETARDED FRONT PLATE BRACKET!!!:happyanim:)

MSRP - 27,565

I paid 29,500 out the door
This inc; 2300 tax, 400 dest. fee, and 500 for shipping it in from Vegas
Financing deal - 1.9% for 66 months!!! (I love having good credit:wink:)
I took the gap insurance, so after all is said and done, I'll be in for about 31,700

OK - I'm off to run through the break-in period as fast as possible, then it's APR Stage 1, a nice dark tint job, and then I can finally move to Chicago (or maybe somewhere else, who knows)!

He15man

Ready to race!
Car(s)
06 Tornado Red GTI
I doubt they will total it. My 08 had $13,000 damage and they fixed it. My whole front and doors were replaced.

They might, a year ago i had a Mitsubishi Lancer GTS fully loaded(Navigation, Sound System upgrade to Rockford Fosgate etc), the car MSRP around 23-24k.

I got into a wreck and had 13k in damages and they totaled it.

He15man

Ready to race!
Car(s)
06 Tornado Red GTI
Well, after I got the final number from my insurance comp., I went out and bought a new car. I signed the papers on the 31st in order to secure the financing deal, and my new MKVI arrived yesterday (they had to get it from out of state since there were NONE here). I didn't get the best deal ever, but I'm happy with what I got under the circumstances.

My new ride:
2010 MKVI GTI
3-door
Manual Trans.
United Grey
Jacky cloth int.
Sunroof
18'' Detroit's
Dynaudio
Xenon's
Monster Mats (inc. trunk liner)
(added bonus - NO RETARDED FRONT PLATE BRACKET!!!:happyanim:)

MSRP - 27,565

I paid 29,500 out the door
This inc; 2300 tax, 400 dest. fee, and 500 for shipping it in from Vegas
Financing deal - 1.9% for 66 months!!! (I love having good credit:wink:)
I took the gap insurance, so after all is said and done, I'll be in for about 31,700

OK - I'm off to run through the break-in period as fast as possible, then it's APR Stage 1, a nice dark tint job, and then I can finally move to Chicago (or maybe somewhere else, who knows)!

Post some pictures man, i plan to get an MKVI as my next car, either after i graduate college in a few years or when my MKV can no longer function. I'll probably get either Black Magic Pearl, United Grey, or Carbon Steel.

NoCaution

SofaKingEuro.com
Car(s)
Mk8 GTI - MoonMan
Post some pictures man, i plan to get an MKVI as my next car, either after i graduate college in a few years or when my MKV can no longer function. I'll probably get either Black Magic Pearl, United Grey, or Carbon Steel.

I will - I just need to tint it first - UG without tint makes me sad!

OH YEAH - I almost forgot; the estimate on the damage came to just under 17k!