GOLFMKV

VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com

Register
MYGOLF garage
Timeslips
Search
Members List
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com > Main Topics > MkV vs......

Old 02-24-2010, 02:38 PM   #23
alexfree05
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: MKV .:R
my friend's 335i with intake and exhaust raped a stage 2 gti on 30,40,50, and 60 roll...
they shut down at 140 ....
alexfree05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:47 PM   #24
plac
GTI Master

Drives: 2013 GTI DSG
dreams. my 135i would have raped any of my 3 GTIs, and very easily.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:08 PM   #25
atombomb33

Drives: Evo X
Wow. This is just laughable the overinflated belief that some GTI owners hold of their car.

Do some of you truly believe a stage 1 GTI is faster than a 335?

I've never lost to a stage 1 GTI in my Evo...any roll, any speed. It's not even close. Stage 2 is a good race, but stage 1 is a joke. I've lost to a 335 by a little bit in a few roll races from various speeds.
atombomb33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 05:13 PM   #26
Dybz
Banned

Drives: 09 2Dr CW DSG GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by atombomb33 View Post
Wow. This is just laughable the overinflated belief that some GTI owners hold of their car.

I've never lost to a stage 1 GTI in my Evo...any roll, any speed. It's not even close. Stage 2 is a good race, but stage 1 is a joke. I've lost to a 335 by a little bit in a few roll races from various speeds.
stage I GTI can trap ~100mph. according to EVO X forums, you should trap about the same. considering you get a much nicer launch with AWD and better acceleration at the start of the 1/4 mile, you want to say that a stg I gti is a joke from a roll for your evo?
Dybz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 05:25 PM   #27
LBVdubin
Baggin aint easy

Drives: 08.5 2dr TR GTI
Quote:

Bro I never said that my GTI was faster than a 335, actually I would love to own one and am in no way VWcentric in my opinions. And as I as well as others have said, "street" racing is what it is, if this were on a drag strip obviously it is bullshit, if this were against a ferrari, obviously this would be bullshit, but it wasn't. It was against a car with 50 more HP, same TQ and if I'm not mistaken heavier...another point I will add is that I'm not a top fuel drag racing guru, nor would I ever compare to Jeff Gordon on the track, and I'm 99% sure the other guy in the 335 wasn't either, it was just a couple of guys with a heavy foot, I just don't get whats so improbable about there stories.

I think wee need to set up a show...called MKVbusters, to refute everyones BS on here
LBVdubin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 05:32 PM   #28
HoopaChalupa
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: useless.
Send a message via AIM to HoopaChalupa
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBVdubin View Post
Bro I never said that my GTI was faster than a 335, actually I would love to own one and am in no way VWcentric in my opinions. And as I as well as others have said, "street" racing is what it is, if this were on a drag strip obviously it is bullshit, if this were against a ferrari, obviously this would be bullshit, but it wasn't. It was against a car with 50 more HP, same TQ and if I'm not mistaken heavier...another point I will add is that I'm not a top fuel drag racing guru, nor would I ever compare to Jeff Gordon on the track, and I'm 99% sure the other guy in the 335 wasn't either, it was just a couple of guys with a heavy foot, I just don't get whats so improbable about there stories.

I think wee need to set up a show...called MKVbusters, to refute everyones BS on here
s2k vs gti should be the first episode haha
HoopaChalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:54 PM   #29
UberJAY
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 08' WHT GTI
..then the ms3

Alphards sold:)

06' Kawasaki Ninja 636 ...1/4 Mile 10.62@ 141MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDubVirus View Post
UberJAY has been temp banned per his own request. rofl.
UberJAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:03 PM   #30
atombomb33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dybz View Post
stage I GTI can trap ~100mph. according to EVO X forums, you should trap about the same. considering you get a much nicer launch with AWD and better acceleration at the start of the 1/4 mile, you want to say that a stg I gti is a joke from a roll for your evo?
So, you're paper racing and have never done this race.

And, by the way, launch doesn't affect trap speed

I've raced three different stage 1 GTIs (all APR). It's not even close from any roll. From a dig it's just really unfair since I know how to launch (can cut 1.7 60' with stock tires).

Stock Evo X >>> stage 1 GTI
Stock Evo X = stage 2 GTI (driver's race)
Stock Evo X < stage 2+ GTI (slight edge to the GTI here)
Stock Evo X < stock 335i (manual; auto will lose)

Last edited by atombomb33; 02-24-2010 at 09:25 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:08 PM   #31
atombomb33

Quote:

Did you even read your own bullshit you posted in the first post? You wholeheartedly believed that your car was faster. Now, you're not so sure? Which is it?

Call it for what it was. You caught up to someone who wasn't racing. That's all. Rather than trying to brag about how you were faster than a 335.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:10 PM   #32
335 Trojan
Macro FTW.

Drives: 2007 e92 335i Space Grey
I love threads like this. Just become car comparing contests. Paper racing FTW!

335 Trojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:16 PM   #33
LBVdubin
Baggin aint easy

Quote:
Did you even read your own bullshit you posted in the first post? You wholeheartedly believed that your car was faster. Now, you're not so sure? Which is it?

Call it for what it was. You caught up to someone who wasn't racing. That's all. Rather than trying to brag about how you were faster than a 335.
Tell me where it says that i stated my car was "faster." You wont, because I didn't ever say that, i said its possible to KEEP UP. And I never changed my story at all, I'm justifying my reasoning for the legitimacy of what I said. And to be completely honest, I would not have spend 45 minutes in illustrator editing those pics to come up with some bullshit story.

Bottom line, what I said happened ACTUALLY happened whether it "technically" should have or not, so get the fuck over it.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:20 PM   #34
LBVdubin
Baggin aint easy

And if I removed the line that said GTI's can keep up with 335's would it change a thing, NO.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:27 PM   #35
atombomb33

Quote:
Tell me where it says that i stated my car was "faster." You wont, because I didn't ever say that, i said its possible to KEEP UP. And I never changed my story at all, I'm justifying my reasoning for the legitimacy of what I said. And to be completely honest, I would not have spend 45 minutes in illustrator editing those pics to come up with some bullshit story.

Bottom line, what I said happened ACTUALLY happened whether it "technically" should have or not, so get the fuck over it.
No, you never used the word "faster" but did you not talk about 5 cars, down to 3 cars, down to 1 car, down to close enough to his bumper so you could have tapped him. Want to know what you're saying there? It means you're saying your car was faster.

Like I said, call it for what it is. He wasn't trying. Plain and simple. Get over your little dream world...come back to reality. It's fun. I promise
Old 02-24-2010, 09:29 PM   #36
LBVdubin
Baggin aint easy

ok he wasn't trying you win
Old 02-24-2010, 09:31 PM   #37
Dybz
Banned

Quote:
So, you're paper racing and have never done this race.

And, by the way, launch doesn't affect trap speed

I've raced three different stage 1 GTIs (all APR). It's not even close from any roll. From a dig it's just really unfair since I know how to launch (can cut 1.7 60' with stock tires).

Stock Evo X >>> stage 1 GTI
Stock Evo X = stage 2 GTI (driver's race)
Stock Evo X < stage 2+ GTI (slight edge to the GTI here)
Stock Evo X < stock 335i (manual; auto will lose)
if by paper race you mean comparing actual peoples' results who have raced... then sure. also, although the actual millisecond of "launching" might not affect your trap speed, the tire spinning for the first 20 ft or so will. it won't extremely affect it, but the difference might be 1-2 mph depending on actual situation.

also, stg II GTI is not >>> STG I GTI. it's faster, yes, but not insanely so like you're trying to paint things. so if STG II GTI = EVO X, at most STG I might be a bit slower from a roll.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:09 PM   #38
D-Rick21

Drives: True Red Mazdaspeed3
Quote:

but also, the 335i will actually make power to redline compared to your gti. Peak power and torque are certainly not everything when it comes to "how fast" a car is.

Last edited by D-Rick21; 02-24-2010 at 11:34 PM.
D-Rick21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:37 PM   #39
G-Tea-Eye
he brokeded my car

Drives: 07 GTI MKV DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brawly View Post
The twin turboed? I highly doubt that. I drove my dad's 08 335i, just by touching that pedal when cruising on the freeway, I can just sense of how much more my stage 1 revo would get raped by it.
highly doubt it all you want, look it up because they are twin turboed
G-Tea-Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:20 PM   #40
atombomb33

Quote:
if by paper race you mean comparing actual peoples' results who have raced... then sure. also, although the actual millisecond of "launching" might not affect your trap speed, the tire spinning for the first 20 ft or so will. it won't extremely affect it, but the difference might be 1-2 mph depending on actual situation.

also, stg II GTI is not >>> STG I GTI. it's faster, yes, but not insanely so like you're trying to paint things. so if STG II GTI = EVO X, at most STG I might be a bit slower from a roll.
Stop talking about drag racing. You don't understand it and it shows. You've also never made a pass at a strip. So, just stop.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:45 PM   #41
Dybz
Banned

Quote:
Stop talking about drag racing. You don't understand it and it shows. You've also never made a pass at a strip. So, just stop.
please, enlighten me oh all knowing evo X god-like driver man. i beg of you!
Old 02-24-2010, 11:47 PM   #42
LBVdubin
Baggin aint easy

I think my all time favorite part of this entire forum is that everyone sticks together like a big brotherhood and will unanimously unite in times of desperation against outside troll-hater douches!
Old 02-24-2010, 11:50 PM   #43
Dybz
Banned

Quote:
I think my all time favorite part of this entire forum is that everyone sticks together like a big brotherhood and will unanimously unite in times of desperation against outside troll-hater douches!
indeed... except that fact still doesn't save your story from smelling of a fish-market.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:08 AM   #44
D-Rick21

Drives: True Red Mazdaspeed3
Quote:
indeed... except that fact still doesn't save your story from smelling of a fish-market.
haha!