GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just a story about a "normal" weekend...

maxgtiturbo

Banned
:clap:
That would be the exception, but yes I'm sure it happens in some departments. Saying you are surprised that they didn't, is insulting by implying it is a common practice amongst all law enforcement agencies here.

Go live in Mexico or hell, even most smaller European countries for a while if you want to see real corruption.

bbg2d

BMW Cowboy
Car(s)
09 335i/68 Cutlass S
Must have been watching too many cop dramas on the tube. Tho, I admit it is possible and kinda scary to think about. Just gotta have faith that you don't have a dirty cop.

Gotsol

Ready to race!
That would be the exception, but yes I'm sure it happens in some departments. Saying you are surprised that they didn't, is insulting by implying it is a common practice amongst all law enforcement agencies here.

Go live in Mexico or hell, even most smaller European countries for a while if you want to see real corruption.

fair enough, I shouldn't have assumed it would have happened. My apologies and thank you for your service.

:headbang:

boostedGTIguy

Dub or Die!
Car(s)
Golf MKV 6MT BMP
I don't care, I'm not going to get into a flame war. My feelings aren't hurt. But let's be realistic, shit like that happens.

sorry just wanted dnb on this forum lol

bbg2d

BMW Cowboy
Car(s)
09 335i/68 Cutlass S
lol, bird in sig is dancing to tune.

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
... the officer comes up to my car on the passenger side and taps on my window with his flashlight, my gps is mounted to that window so i fumble to get that off and roll down the window

you mount your GPS on the passenger side window?
how do you see it?

I was driving earlier today, trying to invision the gps that far to my right & it was really out of the way.

J-DUB

got splashback?
how do you see it?

I was driving earlier today, trying to invision the gps that far to my right & it was really out of the way.

this:iono:

cicatrizdare

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 JSW SEL
:thumbsup:

A warrant may not be needed, but consent sure as hell is. Probable cause is so loosely defined though that someone acting nervous because they don't want a ticket could be construed as reason enough to execute a search without consent from the vehicle owner.

I've said no to a search a few times in my life and the officers executed a plain view search of the vehicle and my person but they did not go into my car.

First thing I was told by every law professor i've had..."Never consent to a search, even if you have nothing illegal."

I'm not trying to start a flame war here, i'm just throwing my view and experience out there; and I don't hate cops either, so don't think that's what I'm getting at.

Doug18

Car(s)
R 32
What happened to having to have a warrant? I wouldn't want to have been in your position, dude.
Had something similar happen when picking a car up from LA. I will never set foot in AZ again, those highway patrol cops are assholes!

yea i wasnt about to sit on the side of the road or downtown waiting for them to get a warrant ... and i was in texas anyways i am surprised that they didnt just shoot me on the side of the road :lol:

LBVdubin

Baggin aint easy
HURRY THE FUCK UP!!!

this is the worst cliff hanger in history, kind of like watching csi and them saying SORRY we will continue next week

Doug18

Car(s)
R 32
how do you see it?

yea b/c our cars only have 2 aux ports one in the front and one in the cargo area ... i wanted to use the front one for my ipods so my only choice was to plug the gps in the back and the cord would only reach to my pass window ... and actually i have found that it is a better place to mount it than the traditional windshield ... for one it is not blairing in your face when you are trying to drive at night and it is still easy to check if you need to confirm something (it feels as natural as checking your mirrors)