GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So annoyed... (Module J706 Seat Occupancy Recognition - Fault)

darcness

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI CW
I've about had it with my GTI for the time being. I've been troubleshooting all kinds of issues the past couple weeks and I'm so over it.

First I had misfires at idle which I can't figure out. Then I was pulling wires through the passenger side and threw an airbag fault. After scanning with the Vag-Com I realize that I'm also having issues with my cooling system performance (probably thermostat).

On top of all this, I've completely checked all my airlines since the bags are off right now. I've got a leak I can't track down and it's driving me nuts. Especially since I'm running a manual setup so I have airlines/fittings EVERYWHERE.

Ahh! :mad0259:

Ok, so my biggest issue right now is this damn airbag issue: Module J706 Seat Occupancy Recognition - Electrical Fault in Circuit. I was pulling wires through the passenger side of the car when the airbag light on the dash came on. I figured it wasn't a big deal, probably just a plug I tugged on while pulling the other wires or at worst, a broken wire that I could repair. The only place I even worked in was from the hatch area to the passenger seat (door sill trim) and a little under the drivers seat.

I took the passenger seat out and checked all the wires and connections. I checked the plugs where the seat plugs in. I checked the wires going from the plugs along the door jam and into the back seat/hatch area. I checked the connection on the center dash indicator (on/off airbag) light. I even removed all the paneling from the back seat (2 door) and the carpet as far as I could from the passenger seat area. I found absolutely nothing and wasted a bunch of time and am now at my wits end with this stupid fault. I can clear it via Vag-Com and it comes back within 5 seconds. I tried the reset procedure recommended by Ross-Tech and still nothing. For the life of me I can't figure this one out.

Trying to find a broken wire/plug is like trying to find a needle in a haystack on this damn car. There are so many connections and wires for the airbag it's a fucking nightmare.

If anyone has any idea what I should do to find this please share. I'm to the point now where I want to just say screw it and leave it be. The only problem with that is that I can't turn my traction control off with an airbag fault. SUPER FUCKING ANNOYING!

:help:

Tanesi

I've about had it with my GTI for the time being. I've been troubleshooting all kinds of issues the past couple weeks and I'm so over it.

First I had misfires at idle which I can't figure out. Then I was pulling wires through the passenger side and threw an airbag fault. After scanning with the Vag-Com I realize that I'm also having issues with my cooling system performance (probably thermostat).

On top of all this, I've completely checked all my airlines since the bags are off right now. I've got a leak I can't track down and it's driving me nuts. Especially since I'm running a manual setup so I have airlines/fittings EVERYWHERE.

Ok, so my biggest issue right now is this damn airbag issue: Module J706 Seat Occupancy Recognition - Electrical Fault in Circuit. I was pulling wires through the passenger side of the car when the airbag light on the dash came on. I figured it wasn't a big deal, probably just a plug I tugged on while pulling the other wires or at worst, a broken wire that I could repair. The only place I even worked in was from the hatch area to the passenger seat (door sill trim) and a little under the drivers seat.

I took the passenger seat out and checked all the wires and connections. I checked the plugs where the seat plugs in. I checked the wires going from the plugs along the door jam and into the back seat/hatch area. I checked the connection on the center dash indicator (on/off airbag) light. I even removed all the paneling from the back seat (2 door) and the carpet as far as I could from the passenger seat area. I found absolutely nothing and wasted a bunch of time and am now at my wits end with this stupid fault. I can clear it via Vag-Com and it comes back within 5 seconds. I tried the reset procedure recommended by Ross-Tech and still nothing. For the life of me I can't figure this one out.

Trying to find a broken wire/plug is like trying to find a needle in a haystack on this damn car. There are so many connections and wires for the airbag it's a fucking nightmare.

If anyone has any idea what I should do to find this please share. I'm to the point now where I want to just say screw it and leave it be. The only problem with that is that I can't turn my traction control off with an airbag fault. SUPER FUCKING ANNOYING!

I know this is way too late but I found my problem with the seat occupancy circuit fault in the harness going to the heated washer nozzles. The harness that is by the hinge on the hood found 2 broken wires and the other 2 were ready to break as well. Once I repaired the wires and replaced the blown fuse. My heated seat are working. I went into VAG and cleared my airbag fault and the circuit fault is gone. I just had to go to basic settings and the airbag light and set occupancy light is gone as well .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tanesi

I know this is way too late but I found my problem with the seat occupancy circuit fault in the harness going to the heated washer nozzles. The harness that is by the hinge on the hood found 2 broken wires and the other 2 were ready to break as well. Once I repaired the wires and replaced the blown fuse. My heated seat are working. I went into VAG and cleared my airbag fault and the circuit fault is gone. I just had to go to basic settings and the airbag light and set occupancy light is gone as well .

Prior to this repair i invested in the air360 seat occupancy emulator (works perfectly and currently using). This makes the airbag active at all times. The only thing i did was go into VAG under instruments, coding and turned off the seatbelt chime. If you don’t have the VAG you can click the eat belt when someone is not in it or get a seat belt end for the junk yard and click it in. Your choice. Hope this helps.

Frustrated VW Owner

Car(s)
Mk 5 Jetta

FYI: See seat occupancy sensor thread post. You may find this useful.
02511 seat occupied code? | TDIClub Forum -

https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/02511-seat-occupied-code.483831/