Clear coat Peeling from Roof

vlkswgnbgmn66

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Fahrenheit GTI #473
Like I said...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bsspencer42

Yeah, I understand and I will go up there tomorrow as soon as the shop opens. However, I guess I would like some advice from the rest of the community.

What appears to be the issue? Why is the paint not adhering to the repainted bumper?

Who is responsible? I originally told the adjuster that the bumper needed to be replaced, however, he said it could be repainted. Now it appears that the paint is not adhering to the old bumper, so... does this warrant the insurance company to replace the bumper since the repair job was not effective with an old bumper? Or is it the auto body shop's fault for not contacting the insurance company to replace it? Or is the auto body shop incompetent and are they responsible for this?

Or am I just totally screwed?

vlkswgnbgmn66

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Fahrenheit GTI #473
The body shop is the sole persons responsible for the paint not adhering. They don't need to replace a bumper because paint was peeling before. They can just sand it back and respray. Heck, they could even send it out and have it media blasted and primed since the bumper itself isn't damaged. You aren't totally screwed. The body shop should hold up to their end of the bargain. If not, just call up your insurance and explain what's happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carfreak226

Detailer Extraordinaire
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV
^ What he said.

Jazzgti

I have one doing the exact same thing. Mine started small and then washed it and the water sucked right under the clear. It's now the size of a basket ball