GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CTS Turbo

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I've been having a string of bad luck and it just keeps going.

Anyways...I wanted a downpipe for my Tiguan.
I tried the Unitronic one and that didn't fit/work.

So CTS was one of the few that makes one specifically for the Tiguan.

I found a vendor that sold it for about $45 less than directly from CTS AND also had free shipping and placed an order. ($513 SHIPPED)

I emailed CTS and asked them a question about fitment and then the guy tells me that if I order from them directly instead, they'll match that price & take another $50 off too @ $460 SHIPPED. As well as ship it out right away, because it was in stock he said. I'd have it in 4 days too, he told me.

And that if I place the order thru the vendor (which I already had), they PURPOSELY delay the shipment a couple days instead of shipping it out right away.
(they want the direct sale instead)

This guy was emailing me back & forth around 2am (Eastern time) btw. INSTANT responses.
Sounds like a good deal, right?

So I tell the vendor to cancel the order (which was a little bit of a nightmare) and then CTS goes off the grid after that.
I emailed them for a week straight trying to place the order for the downpipe, no responses back at all.
Here, please, take my money. No reply.
I called one day and got some clueless guy on the phone, he had no idea what was going on and/or how to place an order.
I eventually get my refund from the vendor during this time.

So I email the "operations manager" and he writes me back right away. And then I have a PayPal invoice almost immediately & I pay it.

I ask him when it'll ship out, and he says they have to fabricate it. WTF?
It was in stock you told me.
He said I'd get a tracking number. I never did, until I emailed and asked them for it.
It didn't take 4 days to get, btw. It took 2 weeks.

So it finally shows up on Tuesday and I open the box. There's 2 holes in the welds on the turbo flange.
And the hanger welds didn't look too impressive either.

I send an email with pics, no reply & it's been 2 days.

Went to a local welding shop & had them "fix"/weld it.....that was $40. The guy said the welds weren't that great, they were going too fast/rushed.
I filed a PayPal claim for a refund for $40, but still haven't heard back from them on that either.

So the money I saved by ordering directly from them, went to cover repairing their shoddy work. Awesome :rolleyes:

TLDR:
Crappy welds
Treat their vendors/resellers like crap
Horrible/nonexistent customer service

Stay away from these clowns, IMO

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Bummer.

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
That's expensive as fuck for such poor service and craftsmanship. I feel like I've heard this before about CTS.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
UPDATE:
No emails/other replies back, but they "quietly" (no apology or explanation) refunded me the $40 thru the PayPal dispute for the welding on Saturday morning

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
That sucks dude, it seems they are selling schrick 268/264 cams for my R, maybe they find a way to fuck that up too?

Safe bet you wouldn't get their k04 kit then lol.

Hayden

Love/Hate Relationship
Car(s)
2016 GTI
In my experience the parts have been pretty good quality... However their customer service is total dog shit even worse if you go into their office in person.