GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First Car

ianp

Car(s)
'07 Rabbit
Just bought my first car, and it happens to be a 2007 Volkswagen Rabbit. For the two days that I have owned it, I absolutely love it. I am new to these forums and I am still getting used to the normal jazz. My Rabbit has around 130k miles on it, and I would like to know if there are any common issues or anything that could be fixed ahead of time. Having to drive it about 100 miles from where I bought it to get home, I heard a light creak when turning sometimes. Other than that, it is in amazing condition.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Just bought my first car, and it happens to be a 2007 Volkswagen Rabbit. For the two days that I have owned it, I absolutely love it. I am new to these forums and I am still getting used to the normal jazz. My Rabbit has around 130k miles on it, and I would like to know if there are any common issues or anything that could be fixed ahead of time. Having to drive it about 100 miles from where I bought it to get home, I heard a light creak when turning sometimes. Other than that, it is in amazing condition.

Firstly, you posted in the Off Topic section where as you probably want to be in General Discussion section.

Secondly, there aren't any real huge common issues with rabbits, but if/when you do have a problem, search first because 99% of the time someone else has already had the same issue and there's usually a fix listed. As far as your creaking, it may be an upper strut mount/bearing. Give this thread a read

Thirdly, welcome. It's too bad this forum is pretty much dead :thumbdown: