GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

rusted hood fixed under warranty!

i-Zapp

Bought an '08 last year that was pretty clean except for a hood that had some serious rust along the front edge. got a good deal and figured i'd fix it at some point down the road... fast forward to about a month ago, did some searching on this forum and found some threads talking about the "12 year volkswagen rust perforation warranty" and figured i'd stop by my local dealership and ask them about it. they took some photos and said someone would get back to me in a couple weeks. right.

not expecting any resolution with all the tdi stuff going on, i get a call that vw approved my claim and damned if i didnt get a brand new hood, painted to match! no too shabby, VW!

gotta say, i love this car. my first "real" car was a '84 rabbit gti and although i swore at the time that vw was the best car ever, 30 years later i've driven everything besides. on a whim i bought this car for my son (for college) and we fight over who gets to drive it. :lol: one of the few cars i've owned that actually delivers more than you expect.