GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Where to get parts/accessories in London?

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Hey there man... depends on how far out of London you want to go.
Best experience is with my local dealers, EuroCanterbury in Canterbury, but that's like a 90 minute drive out of London. Pretty easy to find, if you're interested in heading down here drop me a PM. They carry a bunch of accessories, but you may need to order some.
Beadles of Bromley, also in the South East of London are also pretty good I hear.
Otherwise I'd suggest Alan Day which is in City (so near Westminster, near the Thames as I recall, passed by a few times), I've heard good things but no personal experience.
Hope that helps, and have fun in this green and pleasant land!

cmdrfire

Scotaku said:
Alan Day has come through! All of the parts I want are in stock!

And I'm taking my little fast toy with me for sightseeing!!!

Glad to hear that man! :thumbup:
When are you in London? I might be passing either friday or this weekend depending on how much work I get done...

cmdrfire

Scotaku said:
We're staying in Fulham a block or three from the West Brompton tube station until Sunday but we'll be all over. I'd love to see that beautiful blue car of yours! Let me pm you the address and phone number to our hostess...

Cool stuff, just got the PM :thumbsup: I'll let you know closer to the weekend if I can swing by, Saturday seems the best bet from what you've told me.
And my car's on the forum banner! Wooooo!

newtogolf

i remmember when i was ordering my car, i had a choice between diamond black and laser blue. i took the black but looking at yours i sometimes think i wouldve preferred the blue.

but i dont think the grey black doorhandles wouldve gone too well with the blue.

cmdrfire

newtogolf said:
i remmember when i was ordering my car, i had a choice between diamond black and laser blue. i took the black but looking at yours i sometimes think i wouldve preferred the blue.

but i dont think the grey black doorhandles wouldve gone too well with the blue.

I was confused for a moment until I realised that the E and S models of golf don't come with matching rubstrips or door handles (though I'm sure they could be arranged).

In any case, I'm inclined to agree with you; I've seen laser blue on a Golf 1.4S, similar to yours, with black rub strips/door handles, and doesn't look nearly as good as diamond black.

newtogolf

theres no E model on the golf mk5. thats just for the polo. lowest is the S, which is not a bad spec for a lowest range model.

you have to go for the sport model to get everything matching paint colour.

choosing diamond black gets round the problem by cheating, as the colour matches the door handles anyway.

cmdrfire

Hey man, really sorry I didn't call - in the end I got caught up in university work and wasn't able to do a thing (stupid exams :mad: )
I'll PM you my mobile number, and if you're gonna be around next week I can still head on over.
Sounds like you're having a good time though, and have fun in Edinburgh! It's a great place :wink:
Oh, and I know what you mean about the Megane... I used to have a 2.0 Megane Sport hatch and whilst it was a good car, the VW is on a different level altogether... :evil: :headbang: