GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can Bus - how do I find out which version I have?

tomcole1988

Basically I am looking to get an RNS 510 and the VW MDI fitted at some point over the summer. The thing is ideally I want the latest version C, but I have read that there is a power drain problem based on the can bus? If I'm honest I don't really understand the whole thing, but I know version C seems to be the problem. I was wondering whether anyone knew if there was a way of checking whether it would work in my car before I bought it. I have a MK5 Golf 1.9 TDI Match, built October 2007 just incase that is any help.

Also if anyone can recommend where to get and RNS 510 and the MDI that would be much appreciated. Loads of 510's on ebay for around £500-600 from Lithuania and UK, anyone know whether these are trustworthy? Some UK websites and ebay dealers are charging a lot more, any reason why there is a difference?

Thanks
Tom

KelvinGTtdi

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf
Hi, you would need either to take it to a dealer to plug the car into the diag equipment to display the version no or find someone local with VCDS / VagCom to do the same.

At a dealer you maybe able the unit flashed to the latest software saving the need to replace the unit.

Nutter

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Hi, you would need either to take it to a dealer to plug the car into the diag equipment to display the version no or find someone local with VCDS / VagCom to do the same.

At a dealer you maybe able the unit flashed to the latest software saving the need to replace the unit.

as above