GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Painted calipers

Breen78

S800BRN
Painted my calipers finally over the weekend. Not too bad a job - pleased with the reults what you reckon? I could do with new centres, mind. Anyone got any for sale?

Attachments

• Photo077_edited.jpg
    Photo077_edited.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 435

_adam_

Stig's Apprentice
i did mine blue... probably wouldnt do blue on a blue car though.

_adam_

Stig's Apprentice
who me?

i was changing over my alloys so i thought while the wheels are off....

used hammerite paint, dries alot quicker than actual calliper paint as you cant drive your car for the rest of the day with that.

basically just use a wire brush to really work off the brake dust and slight rust if any, last time i did this i used a circular wire brush attatchement for a drill, made it alot easier.

once u have worked off all the crap, make sure u wipe away any dust left on the callipers with a cloth. then just apply the paint generously but don't let it run, its pretty thick so should be ok. it should be touch dry fairly quickly so add a second coat to make the colour show nicely.

the best way is paint all 4 callipers once, then paint the second coats in the same order, as each one will be dry by the time you get to it a second time. this can only be done with all 4 wheels off at once, if this is a problem just give each coat 10 mins to be touch dry.

make sure you wait an hour before driving, you don't want dust sticking to your new shiney callipers