GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

H&R Coilover Hook-Up

azmcs

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Hey all,

Just posted this as a response to the question of coilovers vs. springs. Thought I would give it its own post to see who is interested. If we get enough serious folks my bud may be able to give an even better price than he is now.

Anyone interesed, seriously interested, I can get a hook up for you on H&R coilovers.

I have a price significantly less than $1400.

Serious inquiries only. Don't waste my buds time, he's doin' this to get into the Dub market and is way too busy to play around with a million questions and then have people back out when it is time to pony up the cash. He is a great guy and will really make sure you are happy with what you get. I just want this to be as painless for him as I can. He is doing us all a favor BTW giving this price break.

PM me for details on contacting him.

azmcs

I've seen that too. Has anyone actually purchased from the company offering that price and seen their coilovers yet? I got mine in 5 days.

Oh, the $1175 is in the ballpark.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Fast Eddie GTI said:
He may have to work hard, the going price I've seen is $1175 shipped.

:thumbsup: Thats what I have seen as well.

Fast Eddie GTI

Autocross Newbie
I admire what you're doing. I'd much rather buy from someone I know (or a shop that I like) rather than ordering from a faceless internet company. That's why I bought mine locally.:thumbsup:

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Fast Eddie GTI said:
I admire what you're doing. I'd much rather buy from someone I know (or a shop that I like) rather than ordering from a faceless internet company. That's why I bought mine locally.:thumbsup:

I wish we had a good local place here in Dallas! :iono:

azmcs

Thanks for the supprt guys. My pal Johnathan is a great guy. He may not get the absolute lowest cheapest price, but here's how my purchase went:

Ordered them on a Monday.

Johnathan called Monday evening confirming they were in stock, email me a invoice.

On Tuesday he called to say they were shipping and that he was charging my CC that day.

Called and emailed Friday to see if I had them yet as he had been tracking them on UPS and saw that they were out for delivery.

Called on the following Monday just to make sure everything was cool, and I he could do anything else.

Great service, great follow-up and a great guy. Didn't sell me the Bilsteins 'cause he said they were way overkill for what we were doing with the car. Cost him $500 to say that.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Joel

steeevo

Oval Newbie

andrewt

Autocross Champion
numerous places are selling them for ~$1150. www.parts4vws.com has them for $1149+shipping, and they always have great customer service. as posted above, you really can't beat tirerack as a vendor either. not trying to take anything away from your buddy, but just saying that a lot of reputable places are selling them for that price, and you haven't even mentioned what his business is called, so how are we supposed to be able to trust him?

he might also get a better response if HE actually came on the boards to advertise. i've seen you recommending him for a while, but i've never seen him come and say anything definite. its just you speaking for him.

azmcs

andrewt said:
numerous places are selling them for ~$1150. www.parts4vws.com has them for $1149+shipping, and they always have great customer service. as posted above, you really can't beat tirerack as a vendor either. not trying to take anything away from your buddy, but just saying that a lot of reputable places are selling them for that price, and you haven't even mentioned what his business is called, so how are we supposed to be able to trust him?

he might also get a better response if HE actually came on the boards to advertise. i've seen you recommending him for a while, but i've never seen him come and say anything definite. its just you speaking for him.

Everybody is competative. $1200 shipped is a good price. He doesn't advertise here as JJ wants $$ for ads. I know he needs to support his bandwidth, but Johnathan said it was too pricey for the volume of visitors this place sees yet.

And that's right you just have my word for his quality customer service. That's cool, buy them from someone you trust. I did. After all the shit I have seen from other vendors, he has yet to do me wrong after $2k on our GTI, which we don't have in hand yet, and over twice that on my MINI.

Good luck:thumbsup:

ünpimptheauto

Touring Car Newbie
After numerous POOR customer service experiences with H&R with BMWs and Audis, there isn't a chance I'd ever be trying their C/O product anymore.

For example, their spring perches seem break when you look stare at them too long. God forbid you call them, because they'll be all to anxious to SELL you a new, inferior set.

There was one point where I was a H&R believer (when they were a smaller company). Now, they've become a larger, less reponsive company that makes dealing with companies such as KW much nicer.

azmcs

ünpimptheauto said:
After numerous POOR customer service experiences with H&R with BMWs and Audis, there isn't a chance I'd ever be trying their C/O product anymore.

For example, their spring perches seem break when you look stare at them too long. God forbid you call them, because they'll be all to anxious to SELL you a new, inferior set.

There was one point where I was a H&R believer (when they were a smaller company). Now, they've become a larger, less reponsive company that makes dealing with companies such as KW much nicer.

Interesting about your failures. As I understand it, Bilstein makes the shock bodies for H&R and the springs that Bilstein uses on their c/o's are H&R springs.....

No one seems to have failures, that I know of with the Bilsteins. Has anyone?

For the record I drive my MINI hard and I have had zero problems with the H&Rs on it.

azmcs

scuderiavw said:
I had H&R coilovers on my Mini Cooper S and i liked the product, but the customer service is a little weak. This time, I am pretty determined to get the PSS9s, but KW V2s look nice too.

Berk-
I have not had direct experience with KW, but a very good MINI bud of mine won't buy from them again. Has had them back to KW twice in less than a year for failed seals. And 3 months of that year was in transit from Europe!

Koni builds the KW bodies, BTW.

I would have gone Bilstein for the GTI, if I wasn't so happy with the H&Rs on the MINI. Plus I don't see my wife using the adjustable dampening enough to justify the extra expense.