GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HELP!!! I've got a flashing CEL & no throttle...

aladdin

Ready to race!
hap'd to me as well about early summer. My buddy was driving the car late night and had it on cruise control, and then the throttle went inactive and the car slowed down and the cel just started flashing. Best part, it didnt it in front of a police parking lot (nearest exit).
I txted wut_cel, then thought for a bit and put in the security code and it was fine.. BUSHLAGA!! it scared the crap out of me.

heathcliff57

Ready to race!
At the very least, APR should be sending this guy a freakin' t-shirt for heavens sakes!!! He was stranded on the side of the road and no one at APR even got back to him. That's not making me feel too good about having an APR tune on my car. What happens if something happens to me? Not having the warm fuzzy feeling right now...

utekineir

Banned
So this is the second instance of "spontaneous anti-theft mode" recently? I find it hard to believe that anyone can accidentally hit that exact sequence within the small time window required to change modes.

there was another person on vortex in the last couple weeks two

rs_hunter

Ich blute VW-Blau & weiße
At the very least, APR should be sending this guy a freakin' t-shirt for heavens sakes!!! He was stranded on the side of the road and no one at APR even got back to him.

Who's argueing...:lol:

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
hap'd to me as well about early summer. My buddy was driving the car late night and had it on cruise control, and then the throttle went inactive and the car slowed down and the cel just started flashing. Best part, it didnt it in front of a police parking lot (nearest exit).
I txted wut_cel, then thought for a bit and put in the security code and it was fine.. BUSHLAGA!! it scared the crap out of me.
That's not how the APR Anti Theft mode works. If you activate it while driving, the car will be fine until you turn the ignition off. Only on subsequent engine starts does the throttle input get disabled.

rs_hunter

Ich blute VW-Blau & weiße
That's not how the APR Anti Theft mode works. If you activate it while driving, the car will be fine until you turn the ignition off. Only on subsequent engine starts does the throttle input get disabled.

Yeah, that's what happened with mine.

RedRims

Reviving this old thread because it just saved me a lot of money. My car got a flashing CEL while in cruise. Stopped, restarted and no throttle. Had it towed to dealership. Came home got on here and found this thread. Went back to dealership, entered my code and BAMM!!! Everything worked again. Scanned it with vagcom and got no codes. [emoji2]

tjgray347

Bumping this old thread so hopefully someone else can find it easier than I did.

I have had APR software for 160k miles and never had an issue. A month ago, cruising on I-20, CEL starts blinking, pull off to check it out, shut down and restart car, no throttle. Have it towed ($180) to nearest dealer, which happens to be over 200 miles from home. Dealer has car for four weeks, no codes, pedal tests fine, throttle body tests fine, wiring tests fine, ECU tests fine, opens up a call with VW corporate help desk, still no idea what it is.

I finally find this thread after spending hours searching here, vwvortex, audizine, etc for my specific symptoms, call APR to verify the code and my diagnosis, drive 200 miles to dealer, enter my code, and drive home. Dealer was nice enough to not charge me anything for diagnosis or storing my car for nearly a month.

Glad I was able to find this, golfmkv saves the day again I guess.

Latron

Master of oil top off
Car(s)
2015 GTI DSG
I am also bumping this thread for others. I had this happen on a family trip and was about 300 miles from home. My wife was driving as I had been sick a few days before and was still recovering. We stopped at a gas station in the middle of nowhere and it wouldn't drive, just idle around. I disconnected the battery and the pedal would work, but it would start to feel like a misfire between 2400rpm and 2700rpm. Being an auto technician I had my OBDeleven and pulled codes, there were non. It was also a Sunday so APR was not open. After limping it the rest of the way to our destination I looked all over for an answer. The next day I got in touch with APR and was told to put in my code as it was most likely the anti theft. It didn't work so APR had me put in my OBDeleven and we got the PIDs for the cruise control to look at them. We discovered that the software loaded was for a different control stock to the one I had so it was seeing the inputs reversed for the stock. I switched from off to on between my inputs (vs cancel and on) and it worked! I have called APR on a few occasions and they have been nothing but great!