GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Got new rotors and pads in prep for Wookies in the Woods

leo@r32.co

Passed Driver's Ed
These arrived today

Fronts - ECS two piece bolt on rotors with Brembo ceramic pads

Rears- Zimmermann (from FCP Eruo) single piece rotor with Akebono Ceramic pads

Got these purchased last week, having them installed next week so that I have some time before making the drive out to Wookies in the Woods to see how they perform

Unforunately ECS did not have matching rear rotors in stock when I bought these. Also the Racingline two piece rears were MORE expensive than the ECS fronts

No one seemed to have matching brand pads in stock or even available for the MkV R32.

Already had steel braid brake lines laying around here somewhere to have put on as well.

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
I thought the “Racing Brake” rotors were better cause you could replace the rings from the hats instead of ecs making u get the whole kit over again.

leo@r32.co

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah I would have liked to go that route but budget is limited and I'm already running on warped rotors.

I'm a late braker and drive pretty hard.

So hoping that I'll have less of a chance of cooking my rotors again while doing Tail of the Dragon.

Getting them installed tuesday so I'll have time to break them in get used to them.

I'll probably go with Racing Brake's open slot rotors https://www.racingbrake.com/Two-Piece-Rotor-Open-Slot-for-VW-MK7-Golf-R-p/2556.htm

...17z's or Brembo big brake kit some time next year.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Yeah I would have liked to go that route but budget is limited and I'm already running on warped rotors.

I'm a late braker and drive pretty hard.

So hoping that I'll have less of a chance of cooking my rotors again while doing Tail of the Dragon.

Getting them installed tuesday so I'll have time to break them in get used to them.

I'll probably go with Racing Brake's open slot rotors https://www.racingbrake.com/Two-Piece-Rotor-Open-Slot-for-VW-MK7-Golf-R-p/2556.htm

...17z's or Brembo big brake kit some time next year.

Don't forget to use brake fluid that matches your late braking habits. Best is Castrol SRF Racing fluid. Expensive but will hold up.

If I were you I would go with HP+ pads up front for your Tail of the Dragon run or any casual track stuff you may do. The ceramics will probably hold up to the heat but they don't have the stopping power you will enjoy with a much higher friction pad.